ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

"STEPPINGS" problem in Adobe premiere

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
moses shoyoye
"STEPPINGS" problem in Adobe premiere
on Dec 10, 2016 at 10:39:56 am

Hi,

Please i need your urgent help concerning a video clip that i packaged in Adobe premiere pro for a broadcast on TV here in South Africa but there is complain about "STEPPING" and i have tried everything i could to fix this but so far...notting worked, so i will be so much glad if this problem could be fixed here.

Thanks

Moses

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: "STEPPINGS" problem in Adobe premiere
on Dec 10, 2016 at 5:37:07 pm

I don't know what the engineers mean precisely by "stepping". Is your original video interlaced, perhaps? What was your workflow? What were your sequence and export settings?

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Duke Sweden
on Dec 10, 2016 at 8:25:24 pm

Or could you possible mean banding, like a blue sky? Seems if you're producing video for a tv station you probably already know about banding and interlaced footage. I'm guessing it's something far more complicated but give us a clue. Dave would appreciate it ;-)

Return to posts index

moses shoyoye
on Dec 11, 2016 at 1:54:32 pm

Below is the video link of part of the clips that have 'steppings':

I have watch several time to figure out what precisely is the stepping but just couldnt.

Plus, here is also a screenshot png picture of my sequence setting
The clip Image Size: 1920 x 1080
Type: MXF
Frame Rate: 25,00
Source Audio Format: 48000 Hz - 24 bit - Stereo
Project Audio Format: 48000 Hz - 32 bit floating point - Stereo
Pixel Aspect Ratio: 1,0

Detail explanation to help me sort this out would be a lot much appreciated

Thank you for the trouble.
Moses

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Dec 11, 2016 at 6:07:44 pm

Could there be a frame rate mismatch between the sequence and the footage?

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Alan Okey
on Dec 12, 2016 at 7:28:48 pm

[Dave LaRonde] "Could there be a frame rate mismatch between the sequence and the footage?"

I agree with Dave. The juddering appears to be a frame rate mismatch between the source material and the sequence.

Your sequence is 25p. If you are editing in source material that is not 25p (i.e. 23.976 or 29.97), the result would look like the video you posted. If you are incorporating any footage that is not 25p in your 25p sequence, the mismatch in frame rate is responsible for the juddering.

Try changing your sequence settings to 50i instead of 25p. Premiere Pro will then attempt to add pulldown to any non-25p footage in order to better blend it with the 25p footage. If frame rate mismatch is your issue, then this should help.

Return to posts index

mark thompson
on Dec 12, 2016 at 11:39:49 am

Moses,
I'm not sure I know what is meant by "stepping" . The only thing that caught my attention is that you have motion on the stills and it does not appear to be smooth when you zoom in.

Perhaps you could try a few things there, e.g. add easy ease in /out . Perhaps try tweaking the handle to make things a bit smoother. Or if you have used easing then take it out to see if that makes a difference.

The other thing to try is to say it's a new video "fashion" ☺

You could also take motion off the images to see if that is what they were talking about?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]