ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Prelude/Premiere not recognizing AVCHD as such from Vixia g40

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David BittermanPrelude/Premiere not recognizing AVCHD as such from Vixia g40
by on Dec 8, 2016 at 4:42:06 pm

So in looking at all the duplicate files and such produced by directly importing the MTS files into premiere or using the media browser I went searching for several instructions on better ingesting AVCHD from premiere or prelude. They both talked about (in the media browser or in prelude's ingest) that when you get inside the private folder and in the AVCHD folder the "view as" dialog would switch to AVCHD and recognize the contained clips. However for us the view as is not switching, and the view still shows the BDMV and further folder structure rather than clips.

This video outlines the technique around 1:15:
https://vimeo.com/54406564

Am I missing something here? I'm now regretting the recommendation of these cameras as the file format is such a PITA!

Any help here would be much appreciated!

David

Return to posts index

Jeff PuleraRe: Prelude/Premiere not recognizing AVCHD as such from Vixia g40
by on Dec 8, 2016 at 5:36:04 pm

Hi David,

What version of Premiere are you running?

Make sure that for each SD card from camera, you create a New Folder on your hard drive. Name them Card1, Card2, or whatever suits your needs. Then copy entire contents of SD card to that folder. Not using Canon software or anything, just File Copy the whole works over, all folders intact.

In Premiere, use Media Browser as you described. If this technique is not working, then I don't know what to tell you. I should say to start a New Project before trying this as Premiere may "remember" previous versions of same clips you'd tried to import in original project and could get confused.

Thanks

Jeff Pulera
Safe Harbor Computers

Return to posts index

David BittermanRe: Prelude/Premiere not recognizing AVCHD as such from Vixia g40
by on Dec 14, 2016 at 2:08:21 am
Last Edited By David Bitterman on Dec 14, 2016 at 2:12:22 am

Thanks guys, this is the exact procedure we're following to no avail with the latest Premiere Pro CC release. Weirdly sometimes when we go into the folders and import an individual mts it snaps the audio in for that file and sometimes it doesn't.

For now I feel like a jerk recommending these cameras after our boss mentioned hearing about avchd being a pita. It's been nothing but headaches so far!

Return to posts index

Peter GarawayRe: Prelude/Premiere not recognizing AVCHD as such from Vixia g40
by on Dec 14, 2016 at 1:19:13 am

Hi David,

Follow everything Jeff mentioned. If that doesn't work make sure you have a 'Private' folder in your directory. You may need to manually switch the Fire Directory viewer to AVCHD when you're at that level when searching within the Media Browser.

Let us know how it goes.

Best,

Peter Garaway
Adobe
Premiere Pro

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]