ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Video Hits All Over The Place

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dwight DuncanVideo Hits All Over The Place
by on Dec 5, 2016 at 6:05:28 pm

Hello,

I'm running Adobe Premiere Pro 2017 on a new Mac Pro (El Capitan) with 64BG of RAM with dual AMD FirePro D700 GFX. I'm also using the Blackmagic Design Ultra Studio 4K with the current 10.8.4 driver.

My timeline is 1080HD@29 and I'm working with PNG stills, MXF video (P2) and lots of green screen. Ultra keyed.

At first I only noticed video hits at transitions and only in exported versions of the timeline (exprted to H.624 and ProRes). I was a version behind driver wise for the Ultra Studio 4K and updated to the current version. My first export after the driver install was good. Now I'm seeing the hits horizontally dark green bitmapy blocks at scene changes and in mid scene. It can be over keyed clips or not and the green hits are a different green from my green screen clips.

Oddly when I nest the clips on the timeline the video hits seem to go away. I'd rather not use nesting, but if this is the only way then so be it.

Anyone have any insight on how to resolve these video hits without nesting everything?

According the Blackmagic support PPRO 2017 is not supported by their drivers just yet. I've ruled out the BM driver however by running they system without the Ultras Studio connected and no BM drivers installed. Still seeing video hits.

thanks

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Video Hits All Over The Place
by on Dec 5, 2016 at 7:21:47 pm

What happens in CC 2015?

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Dwight DuncanRe: Video Hits All Over The Place
by on Dec 5, 2016 at 8:54:21 pm

Opened old 2015 project and I see a similar issue just not as bad.

Return to posts index

Chris WrightRe: Video Hits All Over The Place
by on Dec 6, 2016 at 1:13:46 am

does it still appear after changing renderer from cuda to software?
did you try deleting media cache?

Return to posts index

Dwight DuncanRe: Video Hits All Over The Place
by on Dec 9, 2016 at 5:54:50 pm

Had to go deep and manually trash all of the cache files. The Clean cache option in prefs works counter to what one would think.
Looks like this has worked.

Thanks to all.

Return to posts index

Will DuncanRe: Video Hits All Over The Place
by on Dec 15, 2016 at 8:17:13 pm

You may have just been lucky with the cleared cache fix. We've tried a year ago when we first saw the issues appearing in larger productions and the results were inconsistent.

We have 18 Mac's being used for productions in-house, about 1/3rd are nMP with D500 or D700 cards. Only one doesn't have the issue, which oddly enough is the first one we purchased. We battled this with TV deadlines and it was a nightmare for 2 seasons.

We have iStats Menu installed on most clients, and using the fan controller in the software to crank the fan speed on the nMP trash cans solves issues on all projects that are 1080p and under 30 minutes long it seems.

Which means it's a cooling issue that has been documented all around the forums. DaVinci Resolve forums have a lot more chatter about it though. Apple hasn't publicly said a word, although there are plenty of threads with the same problems we're having.

4k and feature length content is a different story. Crank the AC and the fan speed, or utilize image sequence exports and then convert (as a workaround) which isn't an ideal solution.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]