ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Premier Pro CC Trial version - no audio

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dale McClellandPremier Pro CC Trial version - no audio
by on Dec 4, 2016 at 9:05:15 pm
Last Edited By Dale McClelland on Dec 4, 2016 at 9:08:46 pm

I am trying out PPro CC with the trial version (in Windows 10 Pro) and getting no audio track when I put .mp4 and AVCHD .mts files from my cameras on the timeline. There is no error message, but all that ends up on the timeline is video - no audio track.

The clips play with audio in various software players (VLC etc) and in Sony Vegas Pro 13. Some of these clips have AC-3 audio and some have AAC. The only clips that get audio on the timeline are some old clips with Dolby 5.1 audio from an older Sony camcorder.

I have already tried the various suggestions I found on the web such as clearing media cache, uninstalling, re-installing etc.

On one Adobe troubleshooting page I found a statement that said no audio may occur with the trial version because the proper codecs aren't installed with the trial, and buying a subscription would solve the problem. Can anyone here confirm that the trial version does not support common audio codecs? (The folder where I think PPro keeps its audio codecs is empty except for a dolby codec, which might explain why I get audio for the old 5.1 clips). The clips that don't get audio in PPro are from recent Panasonic and Sony cameras such as the Panasonic GX85 and Sony RX100.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Premier Pro CC Trial version - no audio
by on Dec 4, 2016 at 9:17:18 pm

You really expect us to solve this for you? Adobe went from a 30 - Day tryout to a 7 - Day tryout. it could take a few days to figure this out... and by then, you're out of time.

Fun, huh?

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Dale McClellandRe: Premier Pro CC Trial version - no audio
by on Dec 4, 2016 at 9:49:05 pm

Dave, I thought someone here just might happen to know if there are audio limitations for the trial version - perhaps someone who recently trialed it. I asked in the official Adobe Premiere Pro forum a few days ago and no one replied.

I agree, 7 days is much too short to evaluate something as deep and complex as PPro. My trial is up in a day or two. Given the inability to get audio, and 7 days not being enough to check the software out properly, I think I will stay with Sony Vegas Pro 13 for now.

Return to posts index

Ann BensRe: Premier Pro CC Trial version - no audio
by on Dec 4, 2016 at 10:42:12 pm
Last Edited By Ann Bens on Dec 4, 2016 at 10:44:03 pm

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2226408

Trial does not contain Dolby.

-----------------------------------------------
Adobe Certified Expert Premiere Pro CS6/CC
Adobe Community Professional

Return to posts index

by on Dec 5, 2016 at 12:22:42 am

Thanks, Ann. The Dobly codec was not included at installation time, but when I first added an older clip containing Dobly 5.1 audio to the timeline, it prompted me to download and install the codec, which I did. So I get audio for those clips.

It is my more recent non-Dolby, stereo AC-3 and AAC clips that don't get audio and appear not to have the required codec installed.

I'm trying to determine if the trial is supposed to have those codecs.

Return to posts index

Chris WrightRe: Premier Pro CC Trial version - no audio
by on Dec 5, 2016 at 3:54:48 am
Last Edited By Chris Wright on Dec 5, 2016 at 3:56:09 am

Solution 1:
make sure when the clip is selected that the "V1" is highlighted next to the lock and the other V1.
Solution 2: Clean Media Cache files
Delete all the files from "Media Cache" and "Media Cache Files" folders. The location of these folders can be found under Preferences > Media.
Solution 3: Rename the Media Cache folder
Solution 4: Move Media Cache to a different location
Change the location of Media Cache folders to elsewhere on your machine.

"FAQ: MP4, MOV, AVCHD files import without audio in Premiere Pro CC (2015.3) and CC 2017"
https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2226408

Return to posts index

by on Dec 5, 2016 at 6:55:58 pm

Chris, thank you! Renaming the media cache folders worked. I now get audio.

Unfortunately my 7-day trial period ends today or tomorrow so there won't be much time to test.

Return to posts index

Ann BensRe: Premier Pro CC Trial version - no audio
by on Dec 5, 2016 at 9:37:51 pm
Last Edited By Ann Bens on Dec 5, 2016 at 9:39:37 pm

I dont know why I bother to post links.

-----------------------------------------------
Adobe Certified Expert Premiere Pro CS6/CC
Adobe Community Professional

Return to posts index

by on Dec 5, 2016 at 10:00:08 pm

Sorry, Ann. I missed the link you posted and was focused on your sentence about dolby not being included in the trial. I see now that your link provides the same helpful instructions that Chris posted. I apologize, and appreciate your effort to help.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]