ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Progressive versus interlaced export settings

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Martha ShaneProgressive versus interlaced export settings
by on Dec 1, 2016 at 10:41:10 pm

Hi,

I need to export some short videos as 29.97 interlaced. When I go to export the videos, one of the listed settings is "progressive," and I don't know how to change that.

Does anyone know how to change export settings from progressive to interlaced?

Thanks!

Martha

Return to posts index

Dan PowersRe: Progressive versus interlaced export settings
by on Dec 1, 2016 at 11:54:19 pm

What frame rate is your sequence? You MAY have the export set to Match Sequence settings.
Also when you do figure it out, you will need upper field first.

Return to posts index

Martha ShaneRe: Progressive versus interlaced export settings
by on Dec 2, 2016 at 12:44:28 am

Hi Dan,

Thanks so much for writing! It looks like I have been matching the sequence settings, and in the sequence settings there's a "Fields" options. The choices are:

No Fields (Progressive Scan)
Upper Field First
Lower Field First

So it seems like if I choose the second option and continue to match sequence settings I should be all set!

Martha

Return to posts index

Dan PowersRe: Progressive versus interlaced export settings
by on Dec 2, 2016 at 2:35:44 pm

There are many variables in reasons to choose your sequence settings. How was the footage shot? What frame rate? Was it shot progressive? Frame Rate 23.976?
When shooting Progressive 23.976fps and mastering for broadcast you will need to have your sequence settings at 23.976 progressive. Then when exporting, you would then set the export for 29.97 interlaced Upper first for broadcast spec.
As a general rule, you will have a better edit if your sequence setting matches the majority of your source footage.

If your footage was shot at 29.97 progressive, then there is no need to do interlaced at all. All broadcast outlets are taking 29.97 progressive 1080 unless their spec if for something like 59.94 or other unusual needs.

IF IT IS FOR WEB ONLY, NEVER USE INTERLACED FOR ANY ASPECT OF YOUR POST.

Have a great day!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]