ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Yet another "quirk" in CC 2017

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Duke Sweden
Yet another "quirk" in CC 2017
on Nov 28, 2016 at 8:58:10 pm

Someone had mentioned that the three sliders in HSL Secondary in lumetri are all mislabeled. Saturation affects sharpness, sharpness effects tint, something like that. Well I just noticed that in "Basic Correction", the eyedropper that used to be used for white balance is still there but now it says "Show mask". It doesn't show any mask, and it definitely doesn't pick out a color for purposes of white balances.

Man, I would be embarrassed if I owned Adobe.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Yet another "quirk" in CC 2017
on Nov 28, 2016 at 11:33:23 pm

[Duke Sweden] "Man, I would be embarrassed if I owned Adobe."

Maybe if they actually SOLD their software they would be. But what does Adobe care? They don't have to answer to you. They've already got you by the short hairs on monthly rental fees from now until you or they expire.

Nope, just keep adding sparkly new features designed to lure in new guppies, who don't know there's anything wrong with the code, and after a few months Adobe's got 'em hooked, too. They don't know they've become befuddled, unwilling members of the Adobe Unpaid Beta Tester Program.

And what about the actual software? Well, they'll get that sorted out. Sometime. Eventually. It's a low-priority item.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Duke Sweden
on Nov 28, 2016 at 11:43:12 pm

Ah, Dave. You never fail to bring a smile to my face...burp...

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Nov 29, 2016 at 12:46:19 am
Last Edited By Dave LaRonde on Nov 29, 2016 at 2:14:37 am

Glad you enjoy the rants.

Adobe's attitude towards its customers -- excuse me, its renters -- is why I have CS 5.5 on my home machine, and two disk images of the C: disk. That stuff actually worked then! And it's good enough for my volunteer gigs.

And I owe NOTHING to Adobe on a monthly basis. Why pay? For software that I don't need, and which may or may not work as the Marketing Weasels say it should? I laugh.

Sweet, huh?

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Roei Tzoref
on Nov 29, 2016 at 12:57:43 pm
Last Edited By Roei Tzoref on Nov 29, 2016 at 1:17:54 pm

there is a bug in premiere CC 2017 Lumetri which is known. the names got mixed up, the functionality works.

until the update comes, we will have to make do

Roei Tzoref
After Effects Artist & Instructor
♫ Ae Blues Tutorials

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]