Green video in Program Monitor

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kevin Ike
Green video in Program Monitor
on Nov 28, 2016 at 12:27:19 pm

Engels (Google Translate)
Hello readers!

Another question, if I have a .mp4 file import in Premiere, I see a green screen in my program monitor. I've tried to customize the extension to .mpg but it does not help.

Windows 10
Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2017

Nederlands
Hallo lezer!
Lekker weertje vandaag hè? ?

Een vraagje, als ik een .mp4 file importeer in Premiere dan zie ik in mijn program monitor een groen scherm. Ik heb al geprobeerd de extensie aan te passen naar .mpg maar dit helpt ook niet.

Windows 10
Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2017

Return to posts index

Joseph W. Bourke
Re: Green video in Program Monitor
on Nov 28, 2016 at 5:24:27 pm

It is most likely a codec from a camera or output source which is not installed on your system. I just ran into this last week - the footage was from a Blackmagic Ursa camera and it would only display green. Luckily I was only using the footage as reference for a documentary graphic design package, and I was able to pull stills from it.

The way in which I did this - and the way that you can check whether this is your problem - is to try playing the footage in VLC Media Player. It will play just about anything, plus you can probably identify the codec that's missing by looking at the properties in VLC. You can also transcode the footage in VLC to something compatible with your system, just in case you can't get the missing codec. Good luck!

Joe Bourke
Owner/Creative Director
Bourke Media
http://www.bourkemedia.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]