ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Premiere Pro Quicktime Export Significantly Lower Quality

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Madeline Stephenson
Premiere Pro Quicktime Export Significantly Lower Quality
on Nov 27, 2016 at 10:12:55 pm

Hey guys! Please bear with me, as I am new to Premiere and not a very experienced editor. If there is any more information you need, just say the word.

I am editing Apple Pro Res 422 footage in Premiere Pro (sequence settings set to Apple Pro Res 422 as well), and I have been exporting to this format as well (1920x1080), the original size. The footage looks great in the timeline, but when I export to Quicktime its quality is significantly lower. This is frustrating because the reason I kept all of these formats consistent was to eliminate too much compression.

Please let me know what the issue could be! It's for a wedding video and I'm trying to keep it looking as nice is possible.

Return to posts index

Chris Wright
Re: Premiere Pro Quicktime Export Significantly Lower Quality
on Nov 27, 2016 at 10:41:41 pm

which codec did you choose from quicktime? quicktime is only a container. it can hold: animation, jpeg, h.264, all sorts of stuff.
are you mac/pc? what is your end goal?

Return to posts index

Daniel Waldron
on Nov 27, 2016 at 10:48:52 pm

Are you exporting final delivery files? As many find out the hard way, Adobe's Quicktime H.264 compression is garbage. A good workflow is to export a ProRes master of your final file and use Media Encoder to create the final delivery file (I find H.264 MP4 to be excellent). Of course it depends on what you're exporting the file for.

Return to posts index

Chris Wright
on Nov 28, 2016 at 1:40:40 am

good guess. yes, the old quicktime h.264 is much lower quality than the adobe media encoder h.264 which has youtube presets. for max quality, prores uploaded is huge but best quality.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]