ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Beginner question: How do I get this look? (or what is it called?)

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Murat AtamanBeginner question: How do I get this look? (or what is it called?)
by on Nov 26, 2016 at 3:03:27 pm

I'm trying to use this effect on my short film in a scene and it's probably a simple thing to do but I don't know what it's called or how it's done.. Also is it possible to do this in After Effects or only in Premiere Pro? (My footage is a green screen footage, posted in a 3D location so it's in layers and I want my principle actress to look like this).

Thanks for taking the time to answer my question.

Return to posts index

Simon UbsdellRe: Beginner question: How do I get this look? (or what is it called?)
by on Nov 26, 2016 at 4:04:35 pm

If I understand what you are wanting, then you need to proceed as follows:

Put your background on Video layer 1 and colour correct it as required.

Go to File/New/Color Matte and set this to your fill colour, in this case white (but it could be anything you want).

Add this Color Matte to your Video layer 2.

Add your green screen footage to Video layer 3 and add the Ultra Key effect to key out your footage.

Then go to your Color Matte layer and add a Track Matte Key.

in the Effect Controls for the Track Matte Key, choose Video 3 as the Matte layer.

That should give you the effect you want.

Hope that helps.

Simon Ubsdell
tokyo productions
hawaiki

Return to posts index

Murat AtamanRe: Beginner question: How do I get this look? (or what is it called?)
by on Nov 26, 2016 at 5:05:47 pm

Awesome thank you, let me work on it. I already did my keying and fx on my subject on after effects, so instead of ultrakeying in Premiere I could probably just import it from AE and the background separately and work the way you said.

Return to posts index

Simon UbsdellRe: Beginner question: How do I get this look? (or what is it called?)
by on Nov 26, 2016 at 5:13:40 pm

Yes, if you've already done the key in After Effects you can use that instead of the Video 3 layer I described.

If you wanted to do the whole thing in After Effects instead, you could use Ae's built in Track Matte option, of course.

Simon Ubsdell
tokyo productions
hawaiki

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]