ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Bizarre clip marker behavior

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lee Eaton
Bizarre clip marker behavior
on Nov 22, 2016 at 12:29:30 am
Last Edited By Lee Eaton on Nov 22, 2016 at 12:57:54 am

I've been going through the forum to look at past posts but I haven't seen my issue described exactly.

Premiere Pro 2015.4
OSX 10.10.5
All media is ProRes 422

1. I made a bunch of markers on the clips themselves within a timeline color coded with detailed notes.
2. Media drive crashed! No big deal. I have a backup named exactly the same.
3. I reopen the project all the new media connects no problem. Project opens. All of the clip markers are still there with my comments. I have the Marker window set to show All markers in sequence and the thumbnails slowly load in the marker window
4. BUT! As soon as the thumbnails finish building within the Marker window, the markers start to slowly disappear until the marker window is completely empty.
5. Within the sequence all of the markers have disappeared on the VIDEO track, but the merged synced AUDIO tracks still retain their markers EXCEPT there are no comments in the marker window.

I have tried opening different autosave versions and all have the same result: Clip markers slowly disappear after thumbnails have been built

I've tried resetting various settings of different media preference tab so many times that I don't know where I began. (Save media cache next to originals has always been off)
It would seem the clip marker data is still somewhere? Perhaps stored on the old failed drive BUT if that were the case then why would I see all of the Markers and comments when I open the project connecting media to the new drive?

ALSO - When I disconnect the drive and leave the media offline, ALL of the clip markers retain their comments and do not disappear from the marker window?

What the heck is going on over here?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]