ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Searching for the Premiere project location

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David SoldatSearching for the Premiere project location
by on Nov 21, 2016 at 10:21:07 pm

Hello,

I have a little bit awkward question.

Several months ago, I was working on the video - every single shot on the timeline in Premiere Pro was linked to After Effects.

Now I need to do some edits in that project, but - I can find and open the After Effects project with those linked shots, but I can't find the Premiere project with the timeline and stuff.

I know it's my fault, because I am stupid idiot who doesn't have an order on the hard drive, but now, when I am in this situation - is there any possible way to find out the location of Premiere Pro project through the After Effects project? I mean maybe there could be some log file, or something.

I am sorry for stupid question like this, but this is my last option. I know that there is a way - create new project, link blank files on the timeline to the old project in After Effects and replace it with the precomps of the "old" comps, but I is really a lot of stuff + I would have to do complete new timing...

Return to posts index

Alan LloydRe: Searching for the Premiere project location
by on Nov 22, 2016 at 6:13:28 pm

Try a "Windows search" for the project name. Since you know the file extension it should be straightforward. Even a "*.prproj" wildcard search will show you everything on that drive with that extension.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]