ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Exporting to QT, using H.264, "Incompatible Video Codec..."?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tom Laughlin
Exporting to QT, using H.264, "Incompatible Video Codec..."?
on Nov 21, 2016 at 9:26:36 pm
Last Edited By Tom Laughlin on Nov 21, 2016 at 9:30:50 pm

So, I was on a previous version of Premiere on a PC running Windows 7, now I'm on a newer PC running Windows 10, running Premiere 2015.4... And I'm trying to export a QuickTime (.mov), using 'h.264' - as the video codec. And I keep getting this error.

I installed the latest version of QT, restarted PC, and to no avail. I've tried turning on/off "Open CL" and "Software only". I successfully exported using a preset "YouTube 1080p" .mp4 file, so that works fine. But client wants an .mov file (one file for YouTube and various other social media outlets and for in-house use), they do not use .mp4.

Exporting worked fine before, now it doesn't. It is not supported anymore?

Here's me ready to export:

Here's the pop-up:

Any thoughts?

Tom Laughlin
Producer/Editor
Salt Lake City, Utah

Return to posts index

Duke Sweden
Re: Exporting to QT, using H.264, "Incompatible Video Codec..."?
on Nov 21, 2016 at 11:02:09 pm

I just happened to be sitting my computer (a consumer PC, not a workstation by any means) and I tried exporting a short clip using your settings and it worked fine. So it's another one of those individual nuisance things, not a software bug.

I'm sure someone else will know what you can do to fix it. Preferences, re-install, hopefully for you something simpler. Anyway, just wanted to let you know you CAN export in quicktime using h264.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]