ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

A way to copy the project name (not a clip name) in Premiere Pro?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Amy Young
A way to copy the project name (not a clip name) in Premiere Pro?
on Nov 21, 2016 at 6:19:08 pm

I see this: "The effect has been added for Premiere Pro CC: just search the Effects tab for "Clip Name". Drag it onto any clip and the file name is automatically displayed for burn-in."

But I want to copy the project name (or file name) with the full path as plain text to the clipboard. I am keeping a spreadsheet of the file names and sequence names, but getting the filenames out of PPro seems hard. I can -see- it all over the place, but I can't copy the name from a tool tip, for example.

Or another strategy, to access PP's list of recent files, in some selectable way.

Thanks for any ideas!

Return to posts index

Joe Barta IV
Re: A way to copy the project name (not a clip name) in Premiere Pro?
on Nov 25, 2016 at 6:15:01 pm

This is from C-Net and it works for getting the full path name as text that can be copied, if that helps.

"Open a new Finder window by pressing Command-N, and then press Shift-Command-G to reveal the Go to Folder panel for the new window. Then drag a target file from another window to the Go to Folder text field, where it will be converted to a full text path that you can select and copy."

Joe

Living the SuiteLife!
Stuff for editors http://www.cafepress.com/suitelife

http://www.facebook.com/pages/SuiteLife/1524456414462851?ref=hl

Return to posts index

Amy Young
Re: A way to copy the project name (not a clip name) in Premiere Pro?
on Nov 25, 2016 at 7:10:02 pm

Thanks Joe!

Another way I do it (outside of PP) is to open a Terminal window and drag the file there, where it will display the full path. But I was wondering if I could stay in PP and get the full path on a clipboard. Because from there, I want to paste into a spreadsheet of my sequences and projects (it's a really large project). To get the sequence name, I can "rename" or click on it and press Return, then copy the name. But the project name seems elusive!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]