ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Is there any way to bring back to PPro the individual segments of edited footage once it has been sent as a block to AE?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Xavier BonetIs there any way to bring back to PPro the individual segments of edited footage once it has been sent as a block to AE?
by on Nov 21, 2016 at 12:53:43 am

Unfortunately, I put my foot in it big time. I was editing a 4-minute video and working some segments in AE using the creative link, that is, using the Replace with AE Comp command. In a moment of absentmindedness, I managed to highlight the entire footage (it was all edited and ready just for final effects) and sent it over to AE. Didn't notice I had done that, so I saved and quit everything and turned in for the night. Now I'm back at it and find the mistake I've made... unfortunately, a 2-hour job has now turned into a 4-hour job (and I'm not nearly done) because it's really hell to run through the AE comp (even at 1/4 preview resolution)... As an example, every time I press space to preview I have to wait about 10 seconds for it to start playing the first frame!
Anyway, my question: is there any way of breaking the original edits free from that pink AE Linked comp block? Bringing them back into PPro so that I can work individual segments in AE and not the entire block?
Thanks in advance!

Return to posts index

Xavier BonetRe: Is there any way to bring back to PPro the individual segments of edited footage once it has been sent as a block to AE?
by on Nov 21, 2016 at 1:26:57 am

Never mind... I found a way to rescue back the original edits. I don't know if there's an easier, more direct way, but I exported the AE project as a PPro project and from there I was able to copy back the original edits.

Return to posts index

Matthew WoodsRe: Is there any way to bring back to PPro the individual segments of edited footage once it has been sent as a block to AE?
by on Nov 21, 2016 at 3:45:45 pm

I always undo after sending segments of my edit to After Effects. This only undoes the premiere deletion and AE linking, the edit is already sent to After Effects. I have never found the linking of AE projects into Premiere to be very useful as my AE edits are usually too heavy, and I like to maintain the footage in premiere. It would be nice if Premiere had an option to send to AE without linking or deleting, but hitting undo is relatively easy.

Check out 9 Slice Scale.
A way to scale graphics while preserving the border and corners.
An FxFactory Plugin for AE, Premiere, Motion and FCP.
http://monadnock.org/9slice/

Return to posts index

Alex UdellRe: Is there any way to bring back to PPro the individual segments of edited footage once it has been sent as a block to AE?
by on Nov 22, 2016 at 8:25:44 am

You can copy and paste between in the applications in a number of ways.

PPro to AE:
Copy PPro clips in a sequence into a Comp in AE
Copy a Sequence in PPro Project panel to the AE Project Panel as Comp in AE

AE to PPro:
Layers in a AE Comp > Clips is a Pro sequence

Alex Udell
Editing, Motion Graphics, and Visual FX
Let's Connect on Linkedin
Examples: Retail Automotive Motion Graphics Spots
Example: Customer Facing Explainer Video
Example: Infotainment & Package editorial

Return to posts index