ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Genarts/Sapphire "Permanent Licenses"

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John Richard
Genarts/Sapphire "Permanent Licenses"
on Nov 20, 2016 at 9:48:41 pm

Please be aware that what Genarts sells as a "Permanent License" is not permanent in my opinion.

I purchased an expensive "Permanent License" for Sapphire 7 to plug-in too Adobe Premiere Pro and AE.
I learned today that once Genarts decides to no longer support a certain Operating System, your permanent license will not longer work.

So when you either have to upgrade your Operating System to make software, drivers, hardware, etc. continue to function or be fixed ... or you have to buy a new machine that of course cannot be purchased with an operating sytem 3 versions back, your so called "permanent" license no longer works. In my case my "permanent" Sapphire 7 license stopped working after Mavericks OS. Premiere Pro and AE, the host that Sapphire 7 plugs into, have not worked on Mavericks for 2 versions back.

Genarts is still selling what they call "Permanent" licenses. Here is what is currently claimed on their website:
ALL LICENSES ARE PERMANENT
All licenses acquired during your Upgrade and Support contract (including upgrades, floating, and render licenses) are permanent and will continue to be functional even if your contract expires

http://www.LightPrism.TV

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]