Rendering marathon of 16h correct??

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Selma Citroen
Rendering marathon of 16h correct??
on Nov 20, 2016 at 9:29:35 pm
Last Edited By Selma Citroen on Nov 21, 2016 at 3:03:41 pm

Hi,
I have a bunch of problems. Hopefully somebody wants to help me because I really feel like a failed problem child now. T_T

I have rendered files before but mostly clips below 5 minutes.
I have recorded a wedding movie for my friend in HD. Edited it very simple, just cutted here and there and simple fade in/out transitions in Adobe Premiere CC. In total it's a 2 hr video.
So I tried to render it for DVD with Media Encoder. I used a custom setting to reduce file size within 4GB to fit on a disc. It took me 16 hours to render. (!) And when I got the final files (m2v of 2.5GB and wav of 1.5GB) the audio was good but the image was soo pixelated!

Details: 23,976fps, 1280x1080. I chose PAL because I live in Holland.

And then I discovered I can't download Encore. I have searched on all kind of forums but in my Creative Cloud there is really no option to find previous versions of Premiere. Might be a new change maybe because I even see people posting their Creative Cloud option to download previous versions up to november.

So I am clueless when it becomes to create a dual layer DVD.

I now have chopped the video into 2 parts. And I am now rendering in Media Encoder to mp4 files.
Again, each file takes 16 hours to render. It's rendering now but I had to lower the target bitrate of part 2 to 9 Mpbs to fit a disc otherwise it would be 6GB. But I am worried lowering the target bitrate would also cause pixelation.
My question is, is a MP4 okay for dvd players?? I would just burn the MP4 on two dvd discs since I'm kind of lost...

Is this the right setting? Is the 16 hours rendering caused by my computersystem or is this normal? (I have Intel core i7 and 2.67GHz, it should be okay right?)

Or how do I create a dual layer DVD without Encore? (Europe settings)

How do I even export a nice, not too big, file for my friend to enjoy her wedding on TV?
Are all 2hr movies like 22GB? Because that's what my Premiere first estimated when I tried to export at HD settings.

Sigh...

Return to posts index

Jon Doughtie
Re: Rendering marathon of 16h correct??
on Nov 21, 2016 at 9:38:36 pm

You will need to download Premiere pro CS6. Encore comes with it, and is not available separately. I cannot explain why you cannot find it online. Perhaps someone else will speak up on that.

Sixteen hours is not as surprising as you might think in thie case. To produce your DVD files, it has to down-convert to SD and convert frame rate from 23.976 to 29.97, You will probably get better video results if you select "Max Render Quality" for the render. This option is exactly for footage that is being resolution-converted or resized. Be aware that will make it take even longer. Remember you are downconverting to standard def, and your video will not be as crisp. DVD does not support HD. You can burn a data disc, but whether or not the DVD player will play it depends on the individual unit. Probably not, though. A Blu-Ray player might. Again, depends on the unit,

You mention a few things about your computer, but not OS, amount of RAM, storage, video card, your current version of Adobe applications, etc. These are all significant factors in Adobe performance.

A two hour HD file could easily be 22GB.

System:
Dell Precision T7600 (x2)
Win 7 64-bit
32GB RAM
Adobe CC 2015.02 (as of 6/2016)
256GB SSD system drive
4 internal media drives RAID 5
Typically cutting short form from HD MP4 and P2 MXF.

Return to posts index

Selma Citroen
on Nov 21, 2016 at 10:57:08 pm

Hi Jon, thank you for your reply!!
It calms me to know the file size and rendertime is normal. ?

OS is Win 7 64-bit
6GB RAM
External harddisk, 100 GB left ?
Video card: Ati radeon hd 4600
I am working in Premiere CC, Media Encoder CC (2017)

If I see your system stats, I think it's my system that's outdated probably.

About Encore, yes I can't seem to find CS6 (or even any previous) version of Premiere. Not through my Creative Cloud or online on the Adobe website.

Thank you for your advice.

Return to posts index

Selma Citroen
on Nov 21, 2016 at 10:58:30 pm

Hi Jon, thank you for your reply!!
It calms me to know the file size and rendertime is normal.

OS is Win 7 64-bit
6GB RAM
External harddisk, 100 GB left ?
Video card: Ati radeon hd 4600
I am working in Premiere CC, Media Encoder CC (2017)

If I see your system stats, I think it's my system that's outdated probably.

About Encore, yes I can't seem to find CS6 (or even any previous) version of Premiere. Not through my Creative Cloud or online on the Adobe website.

Thank you for your advice.

Return to posts index

Alan Lloyd
on Nov 22, 2016 at 1:35:42 am

Encore comes with Premiere Pro CS6. Install that and you'll also be installing Encore.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]