Condensing many tracks of audio

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
matt chapman
Condensing many tracks of audio
on Nov 14, 2016 at 8:11:56 pm
Last Edited By matt chapman on Nov 14, 2016 at 8:20:18 pm

Hello-
I am trying to sync up appx 15 audio STEMS (rendered from another system) with individual clips of audio.

Most things will sync, but will need to be nudged here and there across 22 minutes.

My question is this.. I know you can put all the stems in another sequence and nest that Sequence n the timeline, but at the end of the day I will need to use the stems to send to the mix house, not the actual original takes. The reason for this is that many of the audio clips had been sped up. and Premiere does not seem to handle sped up audio very well when using the "Speed/Duration" Effect on the clip.

Is there a way to condense all of the audio clips, which will be GROUPED, into one track, or hide all but one?

EDIT: OR, alternatively, am I missing something when it comes to speeding up an audio clip? I have gone through and sped up any necessary clip using "Speed/Duration" where I am able to precisely match the timing by increasing the speed, say 119%. However at that point it sounds TERRIBLE. If I check "Maintain Audio Pitch" then I lose the preview, and If I "render and replace' it sounds very destructive. I am asking because I am a Sony Vegas convert who finds the audio tools in Premiere severely lacking. When we need to deliver to a house for Mix they say the audio is destroyed. but we can't be the only production in the world that speeds up audio before delivery. It is a QUITE common practice in Animation.

thanks
chapman

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]