ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Should I leave after effects running with premiere?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John WinthropShould I leave after effects running with premiere?
by on Nov 10, 2016 at 4:30:28 pm

I recently switched to Premiere for the easier use of after effects comps (fomerly a vegas user).

I use multiple After Effects comps in my premiere timeline, each containg movement, animation, shapes, and 4k footage with effects on it. As you can imagine the preview can be slow even with my rig which is very good.

I was wondering how the dynamic link between AAE and PP works in this regard, if I am previewing/rendering my premiere project should I leave the referenced after effects file running? Will that make premiere render the referenced files slower or faster? If not will Ram Previewing the referenced After Effects files make it faster?

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Should I leave after effects running with premiere?
by on Nov 10, 2016 at 5:15:26 pm

Only if you have sufficient memory to have both applications open at one, and we don't know what you've got.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

John WinthropRe: Should I leave after effects running with premiere?
by on Nov 10, 2016 at 5:51:44 pm

CPU: Intel(R) Core i7-4790K @ 4Ghz
RAM: 32GB
GPU:NVIDIA GeForceGTX 980

Return to posts index

by on Nov 10, 2016 at 6:02:40 pm

Yeah, you'll be okay.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer

Return to posts index

John WinthropRe: Should I leave after effects running with premiere?
by on Nov 10, 2016 at 6:42:11 pm

So does it actually HELP the render speeds to leave After effects/premiere open? (i use adobe media encoder to render.)

It isn't a problem to close them but if it helps the render speeds I would prefer to leave them open because these renders are taking a couple of hours sometimes. If it DOESN'T help to leave the programs running I would prefer to simply close them and use that memory to work on other projects while the render is going on.

Return to posts index

by on Nov 10, 2016 at 7:35:35 pm

[John Winthrop] "So does it actually HELP the render speeds to leave After effects/premiere open?"

Let's put it this way -- it does little to hurt it. If you want to close the unused application, it's just fine. The best way out of Premiere Pro is through Adobe Media Encoder and not After Effects, anyway.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer

Return to posts index

Daniel WaldronRe: Should I leave after effects running with premiere?
by on Nov 10, 2016 at 5:40:25 pm

Leaving AE open does use resources, but if you've got a good machine it really shouldn't affect the render times in Premiere. Although Dynamic Link is great, you still need to render almost anything in order to see real time playback in Premiere. I don't believe RAM previewing will make it any faster.

Return to posts index

Chris WrightRe: Should I leave after effects running with premiere?
by on Nov 10, 2016 at 8:18:10 pm
Last Edited By Chris Wright on Nov 10, 2016 at 8:39:37 pm

depends...dynamic link disables Render Multiple Frames Simultaneously multiprocessing(if you use 2014 that is)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]