ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Hardware issue: Monitors failing via MacbookPro to Starteck T2Dock to two Apple Cinema Displays (23")

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Hal Beery
Hardware issue: Monitors failing via MacbookPro to Starteck T2Dock to two Apple Cinema Displays (23")
on Nov 8, 2016 at 4:36:52 am

Apple Macbook Pro 2015 (purchased August 2016).
Thunderbolt out to Startech T2Doc .... then USB 3.0 out to startech 3.0 to DVI adapter to 23" Apple Cinema Display.
Plus T2 out of the laptop directly to Startech T2 cable with DVI adapter to 23" Apple Cinema Display

Problem: The T2 connected display failed today on bootup.

Just concluded chat with Startech Tech Service. The tech advised that I was using displays not compatible with what I was attempting to accomplish. He was going to send replacement cable for the T2 to DVI but changed his mind when he realized that I had these displays. He said it wasn't possible to do what I was attempting because the displays are timed differently and were built for the Macpro tower.

Does anyone know about this? Is there a work around with other T2 components?

Thanks,
Hal

Return to posts index

Hal Beery
Re: Hardware issue: Monitors failing via MacbookPro to Starteck T2Dock to two Apple Cinema Displays (23")
on Nov 8, 2016 at 7:48:43 am

Note: just returned from post office with HDMI to DVI cable. Thought perhaps another path out of the MBpro would help. It didn't. Only one external is lit up(apple cinema display: Apple Cinema HD Display, 23-inch (1920 x 1200), AMD Radeon R9 M370X 2048 MB= info on the system report click on apple in upper left). Intel Iris also built in.
Did I fry my video drivers????

Return to posts index

Tero Ahlfors
Re: Hardware issue: Monitors failing via MacbookPro to Starteck T2Dock to two Apple Cinema Displays (23")
on Nov 8, 2016 at 8:08:24 am

This probably isn't an Adobe Premiere related issue.

Return to posts index

Hal Beery
on Nov 8, 2016 at 8:18:56 am

I'm using Premier Pro CC 2015... and this happened.
Where do I post it then???
Members here are super aware of hardware issues.

tnx
Hal

Return to posts index

Tero Ahlfors
on Nov 8, 2016 at 8:46:43 am

If you have hardware issues caused by your display adapters/connectors/interfaces then you should contact the manufacturers of said hardware. You haven't still mentioned how Premiere fits into this.

Return to posts index

Hal Beery
on Nov 8, 2016 at 9:29:01 am

so how to delete the post. in the past we used to be able to share ideas about this sort of situation. What changed?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]