ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

I can't see masks edges

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matteo BertozziI can't see masks edges
by on Nov 7, 2016 at 5:07:37 pm

Hello everyone I have a little problem.

Everytime I add a mask I can't see its edges. The mask works fine and I can resize it, rotate it and do whatever I want but I cant see the path around it so it's not very easy to work on it.

Is there any shortcut I don't know that I can use? Some button to toggle the visibility of the path on and off? Is it a bug? I did the update to cc 2017 yesterday I don't know if that could be the reason.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Return to posts index

Duke SwedenRe: I can't see masks edges
by on Nov 7, 2016 at 7:35:02 pm

Do you mean after you draw your mask it disappears? I have no idea how experienced you are in PPro so I'm just gonna suggest something in the event you're completely new to this. Forgive me if I insult your intelligence, but in the effects panel under Opacity you should see "Mask 1". Click on it and the mask shape will appear. Again, forgive me if you already know this, and your problem is yet another quirk of Adobe's rushed upgrade schedule.

Return to posts index

Daniel WaldronRe: I can't see masks edges
by on Nov 7, 2016 at 8:55:43 pm

Is it on a Master clip or a clip in your sequence? I had that issue on a Master clip before, but when I copied and pasted it into the sequence it worked fine. So I edited my mask on a clip in the sequence and then copied it back onto the Master clip. Not a very elegant solution, but it did the trick and I didn't have time to troubleshoot further.

Return to posts index

Matteo BertozziRe: I can't see masks edges
by on Nov 7, 2016 at 9:23:37 pm

Thank you for both of your answers. The problem was weird, basically in some projects the path of the masks showed up and in others it didn't and the weirdest thing was that the masks worked fine on only one or two sequences in projects with four or five sequences inside them.
Anyway the problem now is solved thanks to an Adobe staff memeber over at the Adobe Forum. I'll copy and paste his answer in case somebody runs into the same issue.

Try the following steps,

1. Create a new project in Premiere Pro CC 2017, Import the project file(.Prproj) created in CC 2015 into it using File > Import & check the mask edges.

If issue persists,

2. Go to the following location in the machine
In Windows, C:\Users\UserName\Documents\Adobe\Premiere Pro\11.0 (Or)
In Mac, Documents > Adobe > Premiere Pro > 11.0
Rename the 11.0 folder to Old_11.0

Launch Premiere Pro, Create a new project(do not open Old projects)
In Menu bar, Window > Workspace > Uncheck Import Workspace from Projects.

Open the old project & check the Mask Edges.

The second solution worked, I still have no idea why I had that problem and why the second solution worked but now everything works fine so I can't complain.

Thanks again for you answers and I hope this helps people with the same issue.

Return to posts index

Daniel WaldronRe: I can't see masks edges
by on Nov 8, 2016 at 1:29:19 am

Glad you solved it!

Return to posts index

Paul NeumannRe: I can't see masks edges
by on Nov 8, 2016 at 8:51:00 pm

I have not been seeing this problem on Mac. Have been seeing it on Windows, but only through Display Port to 4K monitor. I was seeing mask handles just fine on a HP Zbook, but when I docked it to the monitor they went away. So HD on the laptop was fine, the same laptop on a 4K monitor was not.

Followed your suggestion and made a new 2017 project and imported an old 2015 project into it and all is now fine.

Thanks.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]