ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Insert stop working properly

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Suzin Daly
Insert stop working properly
on Nov 6, 2016 at 1:07:25 pm

I am using Premiere Pro CS6...I consider myself a beginner
I have never had a problem with using insert icon to insert clips on the timeline. It has worked wonderfully. For reasons I don't know and I don't know if I changed anything.. but now if I use the insert icon the clips insert at the very beginning of the timeline.

I tried using using the track selection tool to move clips down to make space to bring in clip. It did not select all the clip on all the timelines - I had a disaster, all went out of sync, for some reason clips got deleted [without my deleting] I spent a long time rebuilding, re-syncing so where there is a lot of ADR, I have grouped together.

I feel like I have this huge mess, not sure what I did to create this problem, which makes it hard to correct. I don't know how clear my question is - if there are any suggestions I would be so appreciated.
Best Suzin

Return to posts index

Ann Bens
Re: Insert stop working properly
on Nov 6, 2016 at 1:24:01 pm

Make sure you have the correct track selected and source patched.

-----------------------------------------------
Adobe Certified Expert Premiere Pro CS6/CC
Adobe Community Professional

Return to posts index

Suzin Daly
on Nov 6, 2016 at 1:41:11 pm

I'm sorry I not sure I understand track selected source patched.

For insert - the cursor is where I would want the clip inserted, when I click on the insert icon the clip goes to the beginning of the timeline.

In trying to make a space I did a tutorial where I learned about the track selection tool. I was so happy to have thought problem solved...

For the track selection tool, the main track moved down beautifully, I did not realize that only the main track and audio moved down, none of the lower audio tracks and the one video track above did not. I did not realize that right away.
I am wondering now, like in Vegas 13 when you use the track selection tool, you have to also click on all track, markers and
regions somewhere, so all move down.

Return to posts index

Ann Bens
on Nov 6, 2016 at 2:10:21 pm

http://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/using/source-patching-track-targetting....

-----------------------------------------------
Adobe Certified Expert Premiere Pro CS6/CC
Adobe Community Professional

Return to posts index

Suzin Daly
on Nov 6, 2016 at 2:31:13 pm

Thank you for taking the time for the tutorial.
Looks like another option for inserting and will try to take advantage.

I am still curious why using the insert icon does not work properly when having in/out points from the source monitor. Will only insert to the beginning of the timeline. What is throwing me off, I been inserting this way for almost a year without a problem.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]