ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Out-of-the-blue playback issues: audio sutters, videos skips, I have to close and reopen PPro before it's fixed.

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Xavier BonetOut-of-the-blue playback issues: audio sutters, videos skips, I have to close and reopen PPro before it's fixed.
by on Nov 4, 2016 at 7:20:32 pm

I'm suddenly having a very annoying issue with PPro I've never had before this week. (Yet another Adobe-related annoyance, grrr!) Suddenly, as I'm editing, the video playback becomes "jumpy". The audio stutters at parts, and the video skips. The project becomes uneditable in those circumstances. So I have to close PPro and reopen it.

Online I found it may be an issue with the cached media, so I went ahead and erased all Adobe media caches and that seemed to fix the issue. At any rate, I was able to finish editing one project after this. But right now, and with another project, I've just experience the issue twice. The first time I followed the procedure I've just stated and have then been editing for a couple of hours and the issue has returned! So before following the same procedure again (as it's VERY weird that the cached media becomes corrupted 3 times in a week), I closed PPro and reopened it and, voilĂ , no issue. So it's not an issue of the cached media, I think... it's just a stinky old bug in PPro that has never before popped its ugly head in my experience!

There's nothing I'm doing differently. I'm using the same equipment when capturing video and audio, using the same editing software, the same computer, etc., etc. I haven't updated PPro or, in fact, any Adobe software. So I'm at a loss here.

Normally I edit from original clips (no intermediary comps) but the issue I'm having has, so far, happened while working 2 different projects, each with original footage I've had to sync with externally recorded audio, so I've made a comp with this and am now editing off of that. There shouldn't be any issue, though, as this is a classic workflow everyone and their uncle uses, and, in fact, I myself use it very often. But, at any rate, so far, it's only happening in this scenario. Last week, I edited a similar project, also with intermediary comps, and had no problem. Which is why I say "so far". Also, on Monday I edited one project and had that issue, I followed the recommendations I found online and it was fixed, and I was able to finish the project without the issue repeating itself. Today, I've been editing another project and it's now been the 2nd time I'm having to follow the procedure in order to continue editing. This second time was right after I set the computer to sleep to have dinner before continuing my work, but I'm not sure that's related, as the previous 2 times I've had the issue come up as I was working: one second everything is OK and, the next, everything is VERY FAR from OK.

I'm on a 3-month-old MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015), 2,5 GHz Intel Core i7 Processor, 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3 RAM, AMD Radeon R9 M370X 2048 MB Graphics... so I shouldn't be having any issues of the sort on the hardware side. Software side: I haven't changed or added anything to my computer in the last couple of weeks, nothing that could have made it so I had NO such problems last week and now have so many.

Is anyone seeing similar issues? I would be very thankful to anyone who could point me in the right direction!

Cheers!

Return to posts index

Xavier BonetRe: Out-of-the-blue playback issues: audio sutters, videos skips, I have to close and reopen PPro before it's fixed.
by on Nov 4, 2016 at 7:25:16 pm

UPDATE: Closing and opening PPro didn't do the trick, it seems. 5 minutes into editing again I had the same issue. So I've closed PPro, followed again the same procedure, and am now crossing my fingers I can continue editing without any more inconveniences! PLEASE HELP!

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Out-of-the-blue playback issues: audio sutters, videos skips, I have to close and reopen PPro before it's fixed.
by on Nov 5, 2016 at 1:39:02 am
Last Edited By Dave LaRonde on Nov 5, 2016 at 1:39:40 am

What kind of footage are you cutting? Media Container? Codec? Does the problem project contain footage types different from what you normally cut?

As you can tell, I suspect the footage is the issue.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

greg janzaRe: Out-of-the-blue playback issues: audio sutters, videos skips, I have to close and reopen PPro before it's fixed.
by on Nov 7, 2016 at 3:52:51 pm

You are not alone. I too have the same exact problem. Within a couple of minutes of opening a project, the playback of my sequence timeline becomes jittery both with audio and visual and the only way to regain normal playback is to restart premiere. But the problem comes back. I've also tried trashing cache- no luck. The triggering of the stuttery playback has no rhyme or reason to it so troubleshooting is nearly impossible.

I'm not doing anything differently. The problem just arose within the last couple of weeks. I updated to premiere 2017 and unfortunately the problem remains.

i also thought it might be a codec issue so I converted my mxf files to quicktime pro-res and the problem is still there.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]