ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Outer Glow in After Effects comp not displaying properly in Premiere.

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
D j HarrisOuter Glow in After Effects comp not displaying properly in Premiere.
by on Nov 4, 2016 at 5:17:38 pm

Hi, new to Adobe CC (although used to After Effects). One of the reasons we switched to Adobe was the ease of moving between projects with dynamic link - all good so far but one problem: I have an AE comp with a glow (layer style, outer glow) and opening this sequence up in Premiere results in the glow looking a bit rubbish, with a hard edge and not a nice falloff, especially against a dark background.

I guess it's to do with the alpha channel not carrying over well, but I was hoping AE to Premiere dynamic link would be able to do this. I have tried changing the layer style to screen which sorts out the glow, but this makes a gradient shape layer from the After Effects comp slightly transparent so you can see the video behind it in Premiere. Anyone know an answer to this...i.e. carry over an outer glow in the correct way without using screen layer style? Thanks.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Outer Glow in After Effects comp not displaying properly in Premiere.
by on Nov 4, 2016 at 6:04:19 pm

Dynamic Link can be hit-and-miss oftentimes... especially with AE Layer Styles. Personally, I'd use AE's Glow or Drop Shadow (!) effects to get the look I want, then render out a movie with a Straight Alpha Channel.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]