ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Embedding time code in an exported MP4

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Don Stroud
Embedding time code in an exported MP4
on Nov 2, 2016 at 3:00:02 pm

Hi everyone. I'm a newbie to the Adobe Premiere world. I'm running the new Creative Cloud on my new Windows 7 PC.

I'm working with a composer who is requesting a MOV with an embedded time code track. Creating the MOV is going to be an issue in and of itself, but the time code embed is something I'm not familiar with.

I've been scouring the web for info and/or examples, but so far nothing seems to be lining up with my searches. Anyone out there have some helpful tips?

Thanks in advance!

Don

Return to posts index

Jon Doughtie
Re: Embedding time code in an exported MP4
on Nov 2, 2016 at 3:29:40 pm

The MOV file should be no problem at all.

When you say embedded TC, do you mean a visible time code in the lower third screen. Should it represent the TC of individual shots, or over all TC for a sequence? How does the composer plan to reference it?

System:
Dell Precision T7600 (x2)
Win 7 64-bit
32GB RAM
Adobe CC 2015.02 (as of 6/2016)
256GB SSD system drive
4 internal media drives RAID 5
Typically cutting short form from HD MP4 and P2 MXF.

Return to posts index

Don Stroud
on Nov 2, 2016 at 3:33:23 pm

No, I know how to the do the burn-in timecode. What I'm looking to do is embed a SMPTE-style track in the export. This composer wants to sync everything up correctly.

Since I posted my original question, I've found something online that said Premiere Pro automatically embeds timecode in a WAV. That's great, but... in looking over my audio export options, I don't see WAV as a choice.

Sigh. Anyone out there know what to do?

Thanks.

Don

Don
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
FCP 7.0.3, Macbook Pro 17" mid-2010, OS X Yosemite 10.10.3, 2.66 GHz Intel Core i7, 4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3, NVIDIA GeoForce GT 330M 512 MB

Return to posts index

Tero Ahlfors
on Nov 2, 2016 at 5:19:49 pm

Premiere will make a timecode track based on the sequence timecode to any format that supports a timecode. Quicktime should support it so set your sequence accordingly and bring it back in. If your timeline and export starts at 00:00:00:00 then it's a bit trickier to analyze.

Return to posts index

John Pale
on Nov 3, 2016 at 12:46:57 pm

Quicktime Player X will not display the timecode (QTX doesn't have that feature) , but Quicktime Player 7 will. So if you are expecting to see it in Quicktime Player, you won't unless you have the old version installed.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]