ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Drawing a faded line in Premiere Pro's titler

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Justin Dillihay
Drawing a faded line in Premiere Pro's titler
on Nov 1, 2016 at 5:25:35 pm

I had done this in Photoshop: Draw a line, make a motion blur to have the ends of the line "fade" into transparency. It's a cool effect. Only thing is that I'm trying to get that same effect using the draw line tool in the Premiere Pro CC title tool. I had tried to make that line I made through Photoshop into a transparent graphic I can use to put into the titler, but the graphic is refusing to show up when I hit "graphic" as the graphic type (the image is there, and that little graphic box is showing that the line does exist and Adobe is acknowledging that the line is supposed to be there). So I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong there.

But I would like to find if there is something internal in the titler to attain that exact same effect, but I'm not seeing anything in the properties that I can see would get me to get that effect, and Google loves to dance around what I'm actually searching for, so I'm at a loss of what I need to do (or if this is even possible with Premiere).

Anyone able to help here?

Return to posts index

Todd Gillespie
Re: Drawing a faded line in Premiere Pro's titler
on Nov 1, 2016 at 9:05:45 pm

Hi Justin,
I wouldn't say this is the best or the easiest way, but it's the straight forward way that I would create it.
Create a Color Solid, uncheck 'Uniform Scale' and reduce the scale height until you have a bar size you like. Then apply a mask to the solid. You'll want to make the mask has a lot of extra vertical space (height), then you can crop the sides of the bar. Add a lot of feather to the mask. Done. You do need to keep track of the mask, my first try I had a bar of 1 scale height, and it was difficult to pull the mask apart, so you may want to separate the mask corners before you completely reduce the bar size.

Once you've built the bar correctly, then you can add transitions to wipe the bar on/off.
Good Luck,

Todd at UCSB
Television Production

Return to posts index

Robert d'Alexis
on Nov 2, 2016 at 2:36:22 am

[Justin Dillihay] " I had tried to make that line I made through Photoshop into a transparent graphic I can use to put into the titler, but the graphic is refusing to show up when I hit "graphic""

Why don't you import the line created in Photoshop into the project and composite it with the other elements in the program monitor?

Return to posts index

Robert d'Alexis
on Nov 6, 2016 at 2:51:35 am

I have found a way to recreate what you are after using Premiere Pro's built-in titler.
1. Open the titler.
2. Draw a line across the screen.
3. Go to Title Properties and pick 4 Color Gradient for Fill.
4. Bring the top and bottom right-hand Color Stop Opacity controls down to zero.
That's it. Enjoy. ?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]