ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Masks revealed in youtube

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Panos Smirniotis
Masks revealed in youtube
on Nov 1, 2016 at 2:11:43 pm

I had to make some quick product videos (had no special lighting setup, just used the modeling lights of my studio monolights and my WB was terrible for start) to compliment the catalogue photoshoot of the products I was doing at the same time.

Working on Premiere pro I had to do some color correction and MASK OUT the sides of the white background showing in some cases. While in the output video the masks dont show when the videos uploaded in youtube the masks on some cases are showing and the result is terrible.

(WB is bad I know)

Playing the original clip in my system doesnt show the masks (media player classic).

I am guessing this is happening because of the re-encoding of youtube limiting the shades of "white" or something?

Do you have any idea how can I correct this? Different export setting in PP maybe?

clip info:

Color space : YUV
Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0
Bit depth : 8 bits
Scan type : Progressive
Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.259
Stream size : 6.11 MiB (97%)
Language : English
Encoded date : UTC 2016-09-23 08:11:18
Tagged date : UTC 2016-09-23 08:11:18
Color range : Limited
Color primaries : BT.709
Transfer characteristics : BT.709
Matrix coefficients : BT.709

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Masks revealed in youtube
on Nov 1, 2016 at 3:38:49 pm
Last Edited By Dave LaRonde on Nov 1, 2016 at 3:45:35 pm

I would duplicate the video layer that needs masking -- twice. I would then move one duplicated layer to the right, and one duplicated layer to the left. I would mask out the subject on these layers. Then on the original layer I would mask off the sides. I would make this the top layer. Feathered masks will help the transitions from one layer to another.

This should result in an even background.

It's too bad you did this in Premiere Pro. It's a piece of cake in After Effects.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Panos Smirniotis
Re: Masks revealed in youtube
on Nov 1, 2016 at 4:04:27 pm

Thank you

First time in years I didn't bother do the real edit in AE, and this happens.

I tried your approach in the first scene where the problem was so obvious and it worked great ( I needed to play with adjusting the mask path and mask feather vaule to make it seamless but as I stated it my op I dont want to bother much and more with this. It's fine as it is. (oh this WB is killing me though)).

Thank you Dave, I really appreciate all your effort helping people here for so long and of course me in this case. Hope you are doing great.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]