ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Shuttle Pro Macro Issue that's been bugging me for 4 years.....

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jan JanowskiShuttle Pro Macro Issue that's been bugging me for 4 years.....
by on Nov 1, 2016 at 12:30:27 pm
Last Edited By Jan Janowski on Nov 1, 2016 at 1:13:17 pm

This problem only occurs when I use the Macro's in Shuttle Pro V2. I brought it up to Shuttle Pro's attention 4 years ago, and they've been avoiding it since then.... All versions of their software drivers have this problem.

I created a macro for a key that basically does the following:
from the CTI on the timeline.... Switches to Full Screen Cinema Display, moves CTI back 3-4 seconds on the timeline, and hits play...
It's a really nice feature.... as it shows you 3-4 seconds before your CTI in the Full Screen Cinema mode... Hit it a second time and your back to edit mode!

The problem as I discovered 4 years ago, was I had to add 200ms of delays to get the macro to work properly.... Otherwise it did strange-uncalled for operations. I did get it going by using delays to isolate other functions..... and thought I was done....
Except that this Macro only works on single timeline sessions.... If you attempt to use it on a 2 or more timeline PPRO Session, the macro moves from one timeline layer to another..... which wasn't in the macro commands that I programmed!!
It is this part.... the moving to another timeline layer, that I contacted the Shuttle Pro people about 4 years ago....
If I do the keystrokes manually, then it works without an issue...

There has been plenty of apologies, and not much else in 4 years... I have stayed at PPRO CS6 and never went further.... but others have told me this problem is on later CC versions as well...

In case someone has a Shuttle Pro V2 and would like to try the macro here is the step by step contents of that macro:

1. 200ms delay
2. Shift+4
3. 200ms delay
4. CTRL+`
5. 200ms delay
6. Shift+Left Arrow
7. Shift+Left Arrow
8. Shift+Left Arrow
9. Shift+Left Arrow
10. Shift+Left Arrow
11. Shift+Left Arrow
12. Shift+Left Arrow
13. Shift+Left Arrow
14. Shift+Left Arrow
15. Shift+Left Arrow
16. Shift+Left Arrow
17. Shift+Left Arrow
18. 200ms delay
19. L

Any comments/solutions, or other macro stories will be appreciated....
Thanks

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]