ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

New Macbook Pro's and Premiere

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Minter
New Macbook Pro's and Premiere
on Oct 27, 2016 at 8:35:32 pm

Hey All,

I'm going to be updating my computer and I want to hear thoughts on the new Macbook Pro 15" machines VS the HP Zbook 15" mobile workstations.

Skylake vs Xeon, PCIe vs SATA etc...

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: New Macbook Pro's and Premiere
on Oct 27, 2016 at 8:53:47 pm

#1...the new MBP ships with Sierra OS. Currently, Adobe products aren't compatible with that OS. Well, they MIGHT be, but not fully functional. Adobe still says "wait." Perhaps there'll be an update by the time they arrive...but just know that currently Adobe isn't green lighting Sierra.

#2...do you like adapters? I hope so, you will be swimming in them when you need to connect anything via USB2/USB3, Firewire, Thunderbolt, eSATA, Ethernet...SD card. Imagine getting handed a flash drive with elements on it...oops, need an adapter.

#3...NO CUDA. INTEL IRIS GPU...and from the looks of it, and underpowered one.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Dean Neal
on Oct 30, 2016 at 8:50:23 pm

[Shane Ross] "#3...NO CUDA. INTEL IRIS GPU...and from the looks of it, and underpowered one."

Ah, not entirely true. The 15inch models come with Radeon Pro 450/455/460 Graphics with up to 4GB Memory.

Dean Neal...

Return to posts index

Jim Cunningham
on Oct 31, 2016 at 1:53:13 pm

That HP Z book really looks like a winner. This may be were I shift from MAC to PC. I was curious though; since you've been using Macs, and your drives are more than likely formatted w/ Mac OS (Journaled), how are you going to access your files on a PC -- Paragon software?

Thanks,
Jim

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]