ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

AAF imported correctly, except stereo files are split into two tracks.

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
matt chapmanAAF imported correctly, except stereo files are split into two tracks.
by on Oct 26, 2016 at 10:23:51 pm

Hi y'all-

I imported an AAF timeline into Premiere for some editing. Everything seemed to come in pretty smoothly, with only the stardard amount of niggling problems...

except that any tracks which were Stereo were imported with their own individal track for each channel (L and R).

That is to say A1 and A2 are two separate tracks, each with a channel of the stereo file.

Is there a way to combine those down to one track? 13 tracks of audio became 36 tracks in premiere.

Thanks!
chapman

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: AAF imported correctly, except stereo files are split into two tracks.
by on Oct 27, 2016 at 3:11:04 pm

Yup, that's what Avid does. I sidestep it by exporting wav files. I don't even bother with exporting audio with AAFs. Bu then, I'm just cutting 30 second spots.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Jon DoughtieRe: AAF imported correctly, except stereo files are split into two tracks.
by on Oct 27, 2016 at 3:16:04 pm

The key to this may be settings when you created the sequence you will be placing the media into.

Changing some settings in the tabs may well provide you with a blank sequence ready to accept your footage the way you would like.

System:
Dell Precision T7600 (x2)
Win 7 64-bit
32GB RAM
Adobe CC 2015.02 (as of 6/2016)
256GB SSD system drive
4 internal media drives RAID 5
Typically cutting short form from HD MP4 and P2 MXF.

Return to posts index

Robert WithersRe: AAF imported correctly, except stereo files are split into two tracks.
by on Oct 27, 2016 at 4:11:14 pm

I've read there is a way to change interpretation of tracks in the project panel as long as they haven't been edited into a timeline. I haven't used it because an XML brought in an edited timeline from FCP7 and all stereo tracks were intepreted as dual mono.

Robert Withers

Independent/personal/avant-garde cinema, New York City

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]