ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Export audio from FCP7 with waveforms as video?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gab Figueredo
Export audio from FCP7 with waveforms as video?
on Oct 25, 2016 at 5:22:33 pm

Hello,

I need to export audio from FCP7 but I want the visual to be the audio waveforms for the audio files I'm exporting. How do I do this?

Thank you,
Gab Figueredo

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Export audio from FCP7 with waveforms as video?
on Oct 25, 2016 at 6:11:32 pm

I'll guess you actually mean Premiere Pro and not FCP7.

In either case, the answer's the same -- it's not the right tool for the job. After Effects has two ways to do it with the Audio Spectrum and Audio Waveform effects.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Export audio from FCP7 with waveforms as video?
on Oct 26, 2016 at 3:01:37 pm
Last Edited By Dave LaRonde on Oct 26, 2016 at 4:22:11 pm

Here's the deal -- you can change how the waveforms look in your video editor. You can display an hour-long audio track in a timeline or you can display less than a second. You can make the timeline's audio track wider or thinner. There's nothing standard or set about the way you see the waveform.

If you REALLY want the audio waveform to crawl from right to left, synced to the audio as the sole component of the video, it's a tough job! You have to decide how big you want the waveform, how much time you want to see, and then you have to advance the timeline to take screen shots of the timeline. Be careful doing it -- you don't want to miss a part! You'll want some overlapping in those waveforms!
AND THEN...
You have to import the grabs into something like After Effects. You have to mask & position each grab... not easy to do -- how do you tell if it's right? You're looking at squiggly lines that contain little meaning! Overlapping can help.

So let's say you get it. You then have to animate this big, long line of grabs and hope your animation matches the audio file.

Sound like fun? Probably not.

Now, there is a Plan B. You can fire up screen capture software, and hit the space bar on your timeline. It's a lot easier, but it probably won't be just what you want.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]