ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

32 bit Audio Playback problems Premiere Pro CC 10.4

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Paul Della Pelle32 bit Audio Playback problems Premiere Pro CC 10.4
by on Oct 25, 2016 at 4:01:42 pm

I am having trouble with audio playback. 32 bit audio will not playback in Premiere Pro on my Macbook Pro - extremely distorted if it plays at all. I have the same issue in Adobe Audition. It plays back fine in Quicktime, Final Cut, After Effects and the Finder. ? I've seen in some forums people suggesting checking the 32 bit playback option in the Audio Preferences panel. I do not have this option in Premiere on my mac so I'm assuming it is a PC option? I have an associate who is having the same issue with his system. The workaround is to render the audio as 24 bit in another program. As this is 2016 we should not have to do this, as many industry cameras are recording audio this way. Considering my old version of Final Cut 7 can play it fine, this is really frustrating. Anyone else having this issue in Premiere?

thanks

Paul D.

Return to posts index

Peter GarawayRe: 32 bit Audio Playback problems Premiere Pro CC 10.4
by on Oct 25, 2016 at 8:45:16 pm

Hi Paul,

Can you tell me what type of files and what device created them. Does it happen all of the time for you or randomly?

Thanks,

Peter Garaway
Adobe
Premiere Pro

Return to posts index

Paul Della PelleRe: 32 bit Audio Playback problems Premiere Pro CC 10.4
by on Oct 26, 2016 at 12:43:10 am

Hi Peter,
thanks for the response. The clips were recorded on an Odyssey recorder. I've discovered my old version of Premiere can play them. Not an ideal solution but will work for now.

Return to posts index

Peter GarawayRe: 32 bit Audio Playback problems Premiere Pro CC 10.4
by on Oct 26, 2016 at 3:42:25 am

Glad you have a workaround Paul but I would like to get to the bottom of what's causing the issue. If you would be interested in sharing the problematic file I'd love to take a look.

Thanks in advance,

Peter Garaway
Adobe
Premiere Pro

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]