My exported HD video looks awful on Iphone

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tamas Imre
My exported HD video looks awful on Iphone
on Oct 25, 2016 at 3:27:27 pm

Hi guys!

I really need your help with this issue,

I have exported my video and once I have uploaded it on youtube the outcome looks nice on all the necessary devices except on Iphone.

The youtube version looks really awful on Iphone it is hollow.

First I thought it could be a harmonisation problem with youtube, but It is so strange in due to the same youtube version looks great on my Imac.

My settings are:

Format: H-264.
HD 1080p. mp4 23,976fps

The output and the sources matches (1920-1080, 23.976 progressive)

I have used maximum render quality, I have rendered at maximum depth, Profile setup is on high with 4.2 level, Aspect: Square pixels, I have used VBR 2 pass the target bitrate 15Mbps, maximum bitrate 25Mbps. (I have tried with 9-15)

I would be really grateful if you would have any idea what caused the bad quality of my video on Iphone?

Thanks in advance for any help,

Tamas

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: My exported HD video looks awful on Iphone
on Oct 25, 2016 at 5:05:56 pm

You should try the iPhone compression preset in Adobe Media Encoder.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Duke Sweden
on Oct 26, 2016 at 2:07:04 am

Also, the youtube app on my Android phone ALWAYS defaults to 144p when a video starts playing. I always have to change it manually and by the time it takes hold at least 30 seconds have passed. Pain in the neck.

Return to posts index

Tamas Imre
on Oct 26, 2016 at 1:58:36 pm

Thanks for the advice.

I have this quality problem only on Iphone on Android phones the video looks okay.

I have checked the setting of the Iphone and I have asked others too to check on theirs and it looks the same (hollow not as good as it should be)

Any other HD video looks nice on the Iphone that is the reason why I think that the problem should be with my export settings somewhere.

Tamas Imre

Return to posts index

Tamas Imre
on Oct 26, 2016 at 1:52:48 pm

Thank you for your feedback.

My problems is that I don't want to export it specifically for Iphone the video goes to Web it should be good quality for various type of devices with exporting 1920x1080 HD quality.

Strange because it looks good even on Android phones on my Imac it is perfect, the issue comes only when I try to look the video on Iphone.

I have never experienced anything like this before.

Tamas Imre

Return to posts index

Daniel Waldron
on Oct 26, 2016 at 8:47:21 pm

Some carriers automatically enroll you in watching lower quality video on your phone (T-mobile Binge-On for example). Is that what's happening? Would you mind sharing a link to view the video? I understand if not.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]