ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Possibility of syncing video extracts on a timeline with the original uncut version

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Paul PagePossibility of syncing video extracts on a timeline with the original uncut version
by on Oct 24, 2016 at 10:19:44 pm

Hello, probably a weird question.

Let's say I got footage that has been cut to many small pieces and placed in different order on a timeline. Is there a way to find out the exact time frames those cuts represent on the original uncut version of the video file or possibly sync them by placing the original big file on the timeline so the cuts would be on a second layer above according to their original position. Hope this makes any sense at all, I'm in a bit of a pickle. Basically I'd like to find out if there's an easy way to find out where is the original position of a cut on the original big uncut video file without looking for it yourself and matching frame-by-frame.

Thank you very much in advance.

Return to posts index

Brian SeegmillerRe: Possibility of syncing video extracts on a timeline with the original uncut version
by on Oct 24, 2016 at 10:38:31 pm

Why try to piece back together when you already have the original clip? What are you trying to accomplish?

Return to posts index

Paul PageRe: Possibility of syncing video extracts on a timeline with the original uncut version
by on Oct 24, 2016 at 10:42:34 pm

I need to sync the sound with the original through pluraleyes and then apply it on those small cuts (yes, I haven't synced it before cutting so I'm trying to figure out a more time-effective solution)

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Possibility of syncing video extracts on a timeline with the original uncut version
by on Oct 24, 2016 at 10:45:59 pm

Sorry, no. There's no mutual point of reference like a time code. You're stuck going by the video and audio, I fear.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]