ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Proxies do not automatically attach to original footage.

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Asher Burridge
Proxies do not automatically attach to original footage.
on Oct 23, 2016 at 3:24:33 pm

Hello.

I am trying to attach proxies to my footage. I believe I have followed all the correct steps for them to attach with no problem.

Im fairly new to the proxy workflow but have tried several things to rectify the problem. I have over 500 clips and to manually attach all of them would be a missive pain!

The proxies currently sit on a separate drive to the location of original footage could this be the problem?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Asher.

Return to posts index

Peter Garaway
Re: Proxies do not automatically attach to original footage.
on Oct 24, 2016 at 9:50:16 pm

Hi Asher,

This info comes from Trent who worked on the Proxy feature. Hopefully some of this info will be useful if not, let me know and we can dive deeper into it.

"Relink others automatically" has some conditions in order to work (which Create Proxies accounts for).
- The Proxies must have names matching the Full Res/original with "_Proxy" appended to the name. e.g.: Full Res = scene01.mxf, Proxy = scene01_Proxy.mov.
- The Proxies should also be in a separate folder, preferably next to the Full Res/original clips.
- You then want to choose the first clip it asks to attach to and the others should automatically relink correctly.
- Merged clips are not currently supported for Proxy

That said, there still may be some cases where you will have to attach one by one.

Some additional information on the Proxy workflows:
https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/kb/ingest-proxy-workflow-premiere-pro-...

Best,

Peter Garaway
Adobe
Premiere Pro

Return to posts index

David Jakubovic
Re: Proxies do not automatically attach to original footage.
on Apr 21, 2017 at 1:46:10 am

Hi there. Can I change the name of a clip in Premiere after I attached it to its proxy?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]