ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Can I change my sequence settings from RED to HDV?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Allison SulzmanCan I change my sequence settings from RED to HDV?
by on Oct 22, 2016 at 3:45:19 pm

All of my footage is RED and I'm wondering if the editing experience will be more efficient if I change sequence settings from RED to HDV...

I don't need to output as 4K - it's a simple charity video that will primarily be viewed on the web.

I am using a MBP from 2010 with just 8GB of ram and I thought I might be able to improve the render experience.

Also - follow up question related, I just exported my first draft and the video is choppy at a few points in the video - would adjusting the sequence settings resolve that?
THANK YOU!!!

Return to posts index

Alan LloydRe: Can I change my sequence settings from RED to HDV?
by on Oct 22, 2016 at 10:11:54 pm

No. Your machine is really underpowered for cutting Red footage.

Return to posts index

Allison SulzmanRe: Can I change my sequence settings from RED to HDV?
by on Oct 23, 2016 at 3:20:54 pm

I decided to change the sequence settings from RED to HDV 1080i and it improved the editing experience significantly. My exported video ran without flaw and looks beautiful.

Thanks for the answer though - I'll definitely need to plan to upgrade my MBP in order to manage 4K from start to finish.

Return to posts index

Jeff PuleraRe: Can I change my sequence settings from RED to HDV?
by on Oct 26, 2016 at 6:08:45 pm

Hi Allison,

The issue with HDV is that it uses non-square pixels with 1.333 aspect. If you export that same way, 1440x1080 with 1.333 PAR, most software players will not respect the PAR and will assume square pixels and then your 16:9 video suddenly looks like 4:3 on playback. HDV is called anamorphic HD.

I would either go with full HD at 1920x1080 (1.0 PAR) or go down to 720p (1280x720, 1.0). Then your deliverables will always look right.

Thanks

Jeff Pulera
Safe Harbor Computers

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]