ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Premiere lagging badly when dealing with Mpeg-2 and DVCPRO 50 files

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Erik Denno
Premiere lagging badly when dealing with Mpeg-2 and DVCPRO 50 files
on Oct 21, 2016 at 8:01:40 pm

Hey creative crew,

I'm dealing with tons and tons of old footage and I'm really trying hard to avoid having to convert these clips to another format (I will note that when I convert them to H.264 or prores they work just fine in Premiere). All these clips play just fine and without any lag in quicktime, but once imported into premiere they become work-breakingly lagging.

Moving to a new spot on the timeline can take as long as 10 seconds to start playing. Moving around the clips, both in the source panel or program panel is incredibly painful.

I've already tried reinstalling the codecs. This is clearly an issue with the clips/codecs as I've tried this on 3 different machines that are all have tons of scratch disk space and ram. I've also already tried anything I could think of as far as how Premiere interprets the footage.

I'm completely up to date in Premiere (which also may be an issue as these are rarely used formats at this point).
Was there an update that broke these old formats?
Thanks so much for any help you can give!

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Premiere lagging badly when dealing with Mpeg-2 and DVCPRO 50 files
on Oct 21, 2016 at 9:24:30 pm

Are you cutting in SD or HD?

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Erik Denno
Re: Premiere lagging badly when dealing with Mpeg-2 and DVCPRO 50 files
on Oct 21, 2016 at 9:47:04 pm

I'm cutting in both. The DVCPRO 50 clips are SD and the Mpeg-2 clips are HD. Timelines match framerate and size so nothing is being altered. Even after rendering I still experience the same lag.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]