ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

C300 Mark II MXF files not working on Premiere Pro CS6

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Walter Wallace
C300 Mark II MXF files not working on Premiere Pro CS6
on Oct 19, 2016 at 4:54:01 am

Hi guys,

I recently purchased a C300 mark II and shot some test footage this week. I went to import the files into premiere pro cs6 and I am getting an error message every time I try to import the files. I read that the files are not supported by CS6 but I dont know why!? Adobe is a professional product and I figured they would support this container. Is it best that I just upgrade to CC or is there any other options I have?

Thanks

Walter

Return to posts index

David Roth Weiss
Re: C300 Mark II MXF files not working on Premiere Pro CS6
on Oct 19, 2016 at 6:17:12 am

I think you already know the answer. Why don't you try the trial version, it's free, and you always have the option of transcoding to another codec and editing in CS6.

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor/Colorist & Workflow Consultant
David Weiss Productions
Los Angeles

David is a Creative COW contributing editor and a forum host of the Apple Final Cut Pro forum.

Return to posts index

Walter Wallace
on Oct 19, 2016 at 5:28:43 pm

You are right I am just trying to be cheap. It was a good four years with CS6..... I bought the camera its time to upgrade to CC. Thanks for the response.

Return to posts index

Tero Ahlfors
on Oct 19, 2016 at 8:56:32 am

[Walter Wallace] " I read that the files are not supported by CS6 but I dont know why!?"

CS6 had its last feature update in 2012. The camera came out in 2015. That said you have couple of options:

1) Get CC
2) Use another program (for example Resolve) to transcode the footage to something you can use in CS6.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]