ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

End of audio clips is cut off after import

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Adam Leonard
End of audio clips is cut off after import
on Oct 18, 2016 at 1:58:10 pm
Last Edited By Adam Leonard on Oct 18, 2016 at 1:58:29 pm

So I'm using Premiere Pro 2015.2 and for this particular client, I always receive a combined voiceover/music track that's made by a third party and is given to me as a stereo MP3 file. I import it into Premiere and the last second or two is completely cut off. I have no idea what causes this.

The files have the same audio frame rate that I normally use (44,100 Hz), and the end still gets cut off if I use the frame rate that the sequences use (4800 Hz). The only thing that keeps it from happening is if I convert the file to .wav in Audition and re-import it.

Any idea what's going on or how I can avoid this?

Oh, and roughly one out of every five clips I import from this client doesn't get cut off. Nothing seems to be different about that one.

Return to posts index

Joe Barta IV
Re: End of audio clips is cut off after import
on Oct 18, 2016 at 4:53:57 pm

Try converting them to an AIF or WAV file in Audition, then bring them into Premiere. MP3 doesn't always play nice with edit systems.

Joe

Living the SuiteLife!
Stuff for editors http://www.cafepress.com/suitelife

http://www.facebook.com/pages/SuiteLife/1524456414462851?ref=hl

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Oct 18, 2016 at 4:58:48 pm
Last Edited By Dave LaRonde on Oct 18, 2016 at 6:46:02 pm

[Adam Leonard] "Any idea what's going on or how I can avoid this?"

I never trust compressed audio. Too many screwy things can happen when using them. Sometimes they're fine, sometimes they're not. It's hit-and-miss. Really aggravating. So I just convert 'em in Audition. It's not a big deal.

In my experience, only Avid software is okay with them; that's because Avid converts them to audio-only MXF files.

So if you want to rid yourself forever of the bane of converting mp3's, work with Avid. Not PP. Otherwise, save yourself the potential for grief and think of Audition as your friend.

PS -- the majority of audio coming from cameras is at 48 kHz, not 44.1.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Itam van Teeseling
on Feb 14, 2017 at 10:39:44 pm

I'm using the latest version of Adobe Premiere CC 2017 and I'm kind of having the same problem. Only with footage directly from my Panasonic GH4 camera (.mov files). I have this only with files that are cut in two because of the file length limitiation of the camera. The sound of the first part just stops sooner than the footage itself, sometimes really missing important parts of an interview.
But the strange thing is when I play the movie file in VLC, the audio has no problem and just plays until the end of the movie.

The "funny" thing is that the problem only occurs on my windows machine. I imported the same footage on my mac and there everything was just fine. Later I copied the premiere project from my mac back to my windows PC (overriding the old project and footage files of my first import on my windows machine) and then the same problem showed up again. I cannot figure out what the problem is. But it is quite annoying. Hope someone has a sollution for this.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]