ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

workflow and system questions for multicamera shoot: 6 c300's & 2 GoPros, on MacBook Pro 2013?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Meredith Kaufman
workflow and system questions for multicamera shoot: 6 c300's & 2 GoPros, on MacBook Pro 2013?
on Oct 18, 2016 at 11:31:33 am

First post here. Im using PPC 2015.4. I havent worked with c300 footage yet, and have seen a lot of posts about issues when combining it with GoPro footage. My plan is to create a multicam clip of all 8 angles (from 2 takes) using audio file as "camera 1." Ok here is here is the craziest thing, client wants the export in 720p. 4 separate deliverables, all about 5 minutes long. (subject is musical performance, and interview)

My questions-

1. Should I have PPC 2015.4 create proxies during ingest? What settings. I know you are able to work natively in Premiere but I am worried about all of those angles. Especially towards the end with effects, corrections, LUTs, etc.

2. Should we set the c300's to shoot in proxy? I saw that mentioned in another thread. I dont even know what that means, but if it helps smooth out post, Im all ears.

3. What sequence settings should I use?

4. Can my Mac Book Pro 2013 handle this? I will be using an external drive for media. Some info: Intel HD Graphics 4000 1024 MB. Processor: 2.4 GHz Intel Core i7. Video card: NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M, Intel HD Graphics 4000

Thank you collective hive brain!

Meredith

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: workflow and system questions for multicamera shoot: 6 c300's & 2 GoPros, on MacBook Pro 2013?
on Oct 19, 2016 at 5:12:55 pm

NO ONE ANSWERED? Man, I was waiting for someone who has actually done this to answer. I haven't, but I know a bit about what you need to do. Because there is no way your laptop will be able to edit both of these formats natively, especially not multicam. It's just not powerful enough. And then you'll need a VERY VERY Fast raid to play back all of those streams at once. Thunderbolt might do it, but it has to be a 5 Drive RAID or better.

This is why you need to convert the footage to PROXY, cut it, and then relink. HOW? I don't know. I do know that PPRo has a new proxy workflow and you should look that up and test it out. Proxy files are much easier on the system, don't require a powerful computer nor a large fast RAID.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]