ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Adjustments to RED Source Settings having no effect...

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dan Sudkamp
Adjustments to RED Source Settings having no effect...
on Oct 13, 2016 at 1:47:55 pm

Hi all, and thanks in advance for any help.

Trying to work with the RED Source Settings in Premiere and any adjustments I make to any of those settings does not appear to be having any effect on the Master Clip nor in my timelines.

For example, I have one clip that the white balance got thrown off on. Trying to adjust it to match the rest of the shots and any adjustment I make to the Kelvin or Tint sliders is having no effect. Same with any other setting I try to adjust. Nothing happens.

Is there some mystery "apply" button or shortcut that I'm not seeing? Or is something else at play here?

Return to posts index

Dan Sudkamp
Re: Adjustments to RED Source Settings having no effect...
on Oct 13, 2016 at 1:52:29 pm

Aaaaaand I answered my own question. As soon as I rendered the timeline, the changes I had made took effect. And then I remembered that I'm working with proxies, and while it does make sense that changes to the RED Source Settings aren't taking effect on the proxies, it's a frustrating issue that kinda defeats the purpose of using the proxies in the first place, at least for me.

I realize that I probably shouldn't be using proxies for color grading, but with my relatively outdated system it's the best solution for me to work in a timely manner. Oh well, next time I'll make those kinds of adjustments prior to proxy creation. Thanks anyway, and hope this revelation helps someone else!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]