ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

Importing and exporting

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matteo BadinImporting and exporting
by on Oct 12, 2016 at 9:44:33 am

Hello everyone. I have a Sony Handycam DCR-HC23 and I want to import mini DV tapes in Adobe Premiere Pro CS5 and then export into a DVD in the best possible quality.

1. What's the best possible setting to import these tapes in the maximum quality? The aspect ratio is 4:3 but I found out that the quality is much better if I import the footage in HDV 1080p (16:9).

2. Once I have edited and rendered the project, I want to create a DVD in Adobe Encore if possible. Otherwise I'd be happy if I could at least export the project into a DVD directly from Premiere without problems. What is the best possible quality setting to export the video into a DVD and how should I do it using Encore (I already know how to create the DVD in Encore, the problem is how to export it)?

3. I tried importing the footage in HDV 1080p in order to have the maximum quality and once I had edited and rendered it, I tried to export it sending a Dynamic Link to Encore: as a result, I lost very much quality and the audio didn't work. So I tried exporting the video in MPEG2 DVD. It took hours (the footage's very long and heavy, so maybe I have to export it in different pieces) and then I found several files in my hard disk: there were an MPEG2 DVD file (only the video in low quality without audio) and a different file which (I don't know why) contained only 10 minutes of all the audio track (I unfortunately do not remember the extension because I did it months ago) and other two files (I don't remember the extension, maybe .xml but I'm not sure).

I really need some help because I have been trying to create this DVD for months and I've never succeeded. Thank you very very much in advance for any tip!

Return to posts index

Ann BensRe: Importing and exporting
by on Oct 12, 2016 at 3:49:05 pm

HDV is not an option. The camera is SD (standard definition).
The only settings you need is to set the capture to DV (not HDV).
your movie is 4:3, you set up a DV PAL or NTSC standard project. PAL is Europe.
When you have edited your movie you go up to File/Export/Send to Encore.
Leave everything default.
Make menu and burn.

Adobe Certified Expert Premiere Pro CS6/CC
Adobe Community Professional

Return to posts index

Matteo BadinRe: Importing and exporting
by on Oct 16, 2016 at 10:13:10 am

Thank you Ann Bens, I'll try with DV PAL (I live in Europe). Is it possible to convert my HDV project in DV PAL? Because I've already edited my footage and it'd be better if there were a way to convert it instead of doing it again.

Return to posts index

Matteo BadinRe: Importing and exporting
by on Oct 19, 2016 at 4:53:19 pm

Could you answer me please?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved