ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

I totally don't get this motion blur thing

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Johan LiebertI totally don't get this motion blur thing
by on Oct 10, 2016 at 4:51:33 am

I'm very confused. So my workflow is simple – PP for editing and very basic animations and then AE for visual effects and complex animations. But, as you know, there is no "motion blur" button in premiere pro. And this means that even if I need some EXTREMELY basic animation, I still need to create an AE sequence just to press that "motion blur" button. (because motion usually requires motion blur). I mean what the heck? Is this really how its supposed to be? Do I really need to run After Effects each time I need to add a moving text animation? I mean it makes no sense to me, there are lots of tools in PP for those simple animations, and it's easier and much faster to make them using PP, then why there is no Motion Blur button? Am I missing something? Because I feel like I'm missing something, it's too stupid to be true.
Thank you.
PS: (yes, I know that you can fake motion blur in PP, but I mean come on, it's even more stupid, it's not an option)

Return to posts index

John PaleRe: I totally don't get this motion blur thing
by on Oct 10, 2016 at 5:49:57 am

It would be awesome if there was a motion blur button, but remember Premiere is not After Effects..it's an NLE. No other NLE has a motion blur button either.

Return to posts index

Tero AhlforsRe: I totally don't get this motion blur thing
by on Oct 10, 2016 at 5:59:28 am

[John Pale] "No other NLE has a motion blur button either."

Smoke isn't quite the robust editor but it has a lot of neat effects stuff you can easily add in the timeline. If I was doing a lot of semicomplex edits I would use that.

Return to posts index

John PaleRe: I totally don't get this motion blur thing
by on Oct 10, 2016 at 11:58:22 am

You are right. Forgot about Smoke. But the more mainstream ones....Avid, FCP, FCPX, Premiere, nope. Of all of them, I think Premiere seems most likely to gain one, as there seems to be more convergence with After Effects with every major release.

Return to posts index

Brian SeegmillerRe: I totally don't get this motion blur thing
by on Oct 10, 2016 at 4:41:27 pm

Actually you can publish a motion blur in Motion 5 and use it in FCP X. http://www.provideocoalition.com/motion-blur-in-final-cut-pro-x-via-motion/

Return to posts index

Peter GarawayRe: I totally don't get this motion blur thing
by on Oct 10, 2016 at 6:12:13 pm

Not a bad idea Johan.

Please file a feature request here: http://www.adobe.com/products/wishform.html

Best,

Peter Garaway
Adobe
Premiere Pro

Return to posts index

Ann BensRe: I totally don't get this motion blur thing
by on Oct 10, 2016 at 8:08:44 pm
Last Edited By Ann Bens on Oct 10, 2016 at 8:12:06 pm

Actually Premiere does have motion blur.
Use the Transform effect: turn off Use Composition's Shutter Angle and Set Shutter Angle to 180.
Animate position.

-----------------------------------------------
Adobe Certified Expert Premiere Pro CS6/CC
Adobe Community Professional

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]