ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

grade completely different in AE and Premiere

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mathew Farrellgrade completely different in AE and Premiere
by on Oct 8, 2016 at 5:11:47 am

Hi all

I've created a project in Premiere (latest CC version 2015). When I've replaced clips with an After Effects comp, the grade has changed dramatically.

The story so far - I've imported my source footage into premiere, applied a warp stabilised, nested that, then applied time remapping and a lumetri grade (which is an effect layer, as far as premiere is concerned). I then replaced this nested sequence with an after effects comp so I could apply some tracked graphics.

After coming back from After effects, the grade has changed dramatically. It looks the same (incorrect) within after effects too. It's possible to turn the lumetri effect on and off within AE. With the effect off, the clip appears as-shot, so it doesn't seem to me like AE is displaying colours differently. Rather, it seems like it's applying the Lumetri effect differently.
Unfortunately the AE version of the grade is brought back to Premiere.

Does anyone understand what I'm experiencing? And can anyone suggest a good work around? Unless I can prevent the problem, the solutions as I see them are:
a) render the effect into the Premiere nested sequence, then send that to AE. More work
b) turn off all lumetri effects, then apply the lumetri grade to the AE comp. This will impact the graphics overlays, but probably isn't a massive deal in this project.

Mathew Farrell

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved