ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Proxy Workflow in Premiere using different Framerates

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Corey Wipper
Proxy Workflow in Premiere using different Framerates
on Oct 6, 2016 at 10:31:50 pm

I've been having a finding answers for this online - Does anyone know of a good proxy workflow in premiere using different frame rates and resolutions? :

-So I'm shooting weddings. Some footage is UHD (24fps) , 1080p (60fps), and 1080p (120fps). My last project was a nightmare to edit, because of the lagginess of my machine while editing the original files in AVCHD (especially the UHD). I don't want to transcode EVERYTHING into an intermediate because that would take up too much space with the UHD.

I simply want to create an ingest preset in Media Encoder that creates a proxy version of the original clip in dnxhd or Prores, while maintaining the same frame rate so I can play around with speed ramping. I also want a cap resolution on all of it to be 1080p. In the settings for Media Encoder, I can only choose an option for a specific framerate to transcode everything to. I want everything to match its source's framerate, but if I choose "match source" then all my UHD files are still in UHD. Hopes this makes sense.

Any suggestions?

Thanks !

Return to posts index

Dragan Jereminov
Re: Proxy Workflow in Premiere using different Framerates
on May 14, 2017 at 7:56:15 pm

im looking for an answer too.
Its shitty how they dont provide any workflow for that.
It should be simple to make preset to keep frame rate of the file while scaling down or up to desired resolution of a proxy files.
I have project for a music video shot on a7rII and 5DmkII in all those fps possible. I will try to make presets for all frame rates.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]