ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

Proxy Workflow in Premiere using different Framerates

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Corey WipperProxy Workflow in Premiere using different Framerates
by on Oct 6, 2016 at 10:31:50 pm

I've been having a finding answers for this online - Does anyone know of a good proxy workflow in premiere using different frame rates and resolutions? :

-So I'm shooting weddings. Some footage is UHD (24fps) , 1080p (60fps), and 1080p (120fps). My last project was a nightmare to edit, because of the lagginess of my machine while editing the original files in AVCHD (especially the UHD). I don't want to transcode EVERYTHING into an intermediate because that would take up too much space with the UHD.

I simply want to create an ingest preset in Media Encoder that creates a proxy version of the original clip in dnxhd or Prores, while maintaining the same frame rate so I can play around with speed ramping. I also want a cap resolution on all of it to be 1080p. In the settings for Media Encoder, I can only choose an option for a specific framerate to transcode everything to. I want everything to match its source's framerate, but if I choose "match source" then all my UHD files are still in UHD. Hopes this makes sense.

Any suggestions?

Thanks !

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved