ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

Drifting sync using Premier Pro CS 6.0.2

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Frank CervarichDrifting sync using Premier Pro CS 6.0.2
by on Oct 5, 2016 at 9:07:25 pm

My late 2009 Quad Core Mac Pro and the three external hard drives connected to it seem to be functioning properly. My Premier Pro CS 6.0.2 was working well until yesterday.

Trying to export an edit to an H.264 or Quicktime file yesterday I got an error message - 'Error Compiling movie. Unknown error.' The box in which this error message appeared was labeled Adobe Media Encoder (I think 5.5 whereas I am in fact using 6.0.2). No export was allowed. I tried exporting the edit as an MPEG2 file and all was well. Then I tried H.264 again and it exported fine. I thought that was the end of it.

Today, I was mystified to discover that my audio quickly drifted apart from sync with the picture in my edit. I have not been able to determine what is wrong or what to do about it. I verified all of the drives associated with this edit. I did a disk repair on one of the drives. It was required. I also did disk repair on one of my internal drives, the one with the OSX and operating files on it. No help.

I'm lost. My external hard drives are old but they verified just fine. The one internal drive that has picture information on it also verified just fine. Could something or some setting in Premier Pro have gone astray? If so, what is that setting and what do I need to do to get it back on track? Anything else possible? Any suggestions?

Thank you in advance for your thoughts.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved