ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Adding a multicam to a timeline and getting additional audio tracks

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alan ZapataAdding a multicam to a timeline and getting additional audio tracks
by on Oct 5, 2016 at 1:33:22 am

Hello Premiere community, I'm developing a workflow for multicam and I'm trying to get a good handle on cleaning up multicams. I first created a multicam using timecode to sync. The decks we use (BlackmagicHyperDeck Pro) always record 16 channels of audio but I only record 4 channels to each deck so I then open the multicam in the timeline and remove the blank tracks. The problem I run into is when I place the cleaned up multicam in a sequence, it creates individual tracks for all the tracks inside the multicam and recreates all the audio tracks I erased.

Has anyone run into this and how do you solve it?

Thanks for any help!

Return to posts index

Herb SevushRe: Adding a multicam to a timeline and getting additional audio tracks
by on Oct 5, 2016 at 1:43:31 pm

[Alan Zapata] "The decks we use (BlackmagicHyperDeck Pro) always record 16 channels of audio but I only record 4 channels to each deck so I then open the multicam in the timeline and remove the blank tracks. The problem I run into is when I place the cleaned up multicam in a sequence, it creates individual tracks for all the tracks inside the multicam and recreates all the audio tracks I erased."

When creating the multicam which of the 3 audio options did you choose ?

Camera One, All Camera's, Switch Audio -

Each of these options handles the audio quite differently.

Herb Sevush
Zebra Productions
---------------------------
nothin' attached to nothin'
"Deciding the spine is the process of editing" F. Bieberkopf

Return to posts index

Alan ZapataRe: Adding a multicam to a timeline and getting additional audio tracks
by on Oct 5, 2016 at 9:00:33 pm

So far I've tried both Camera 1 and All Cameras. I've never tried switched since only one camera has the stereo mix on it. When both multicams are pared down to the tracks needed, the erased tracks are recreated when placed in a sequence.

Return to posts index

Herb SevushRe: Adding a multicam to a timeline and getting additional audio tracks
by on Oct 5, 2016 at 9:32:35 pm

[Alan Zapata] "So far I've tried both Camera 1 and All Cameras. I've never tried switched since only one camera has the stereo mix on it"

For your workflow you want to chose the Camera 1 setting. It is essential that the camera with the audio be the first camera selected for your multicam group - do not flop the cameras around after making the multicam. After making the multicam right click on it in the browser and chose "open in timeline." Once open, delete (not mute) the unwanted audio clips from the first camera. You might have to delete the actual empty tracks on the timeline if just deleting the audio clips doesn't work. Don't do anything with the audio tracks from any other camera.

You don't want to use "All Cameras" as this is intended to always access all audio sources from all cameras.

Herb Sevush
Zebra Productions
---------------------------
nothin' attached to nothin'
"Deciding the spine is the process of editing" F. Bieberkopf

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]