ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

Premiere Pro Source Monitor Settings

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Corey WipperPremiere Pro Source Monitor Settings
by on Oct 4, 2016 at 7:47:22 pm

Hi everyone! Does anyone know if there is a setting in the Premiere Pro source monitor where you can see which sections of a clip are used in the timeline (FCPX has this feature)?

For instance - I use "clip A" from the first dance at a wedding, and it is one long clip. I grab sections of it and drop it in the timeline. Is there any way I can view that full clip in the source monitor and it will show all the sections that were previously dropped into the timeline? All I can see is the in and out point of the last section I dropped. This would be useful for montage editing when pulling from one long clip, and I don't want to have to "guess and check" to see if I used that section using duplicate frame markers in the timeline.

Thanks !

Return to posts index

Ann BensRe: Premiere Pro Source Monitor Settings
by on Oct 4, 2016 at 11:01:12 pm

Not like FCPx.
But twirl down the triangle next to the clip in the Project Window and you will see timecodes of parts of the clip used in the timeline.
Click on the timecode and the playhead will bring you to that part of the timeline.

Adobe Certified Expert Premiere Pro CS6/CC
Adobe Community Professional

Return to posts index

Corey WipperRe: Premiere Pro Source Monitor Settings
by on Oct 5, 2016 at 12:22:03 am

Thanks for the reply. Kind of a bummer though - I can only see the timecode of where it is in the timeline, rather than the source clip itself. Oh well!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved