ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

Sony PXW-Z150 - How do you import footage into Adobe Premiere Pro?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Erik AndersonSony PXW-Z150 - How do you import footage into Adobe Premiere Pro?
by on Sep 29, 2016 at 5:42:22 pm

I have a Sony PXW-Z150, and I can't figure out how to import the 4K footage into Adobe Premiere Pro.

I already saved and imported it onto my Mac via Final Cut Pro. I put the memory card into a card reader and plugged it into my laptop. Then I went to the dropdown menu under 'File' and chose 'Import'. I selected the card reader and all the files showed up. Selected them all and imported them.

My colleague tried this with Adobe Premiere Pro, but it simply doesn't work. He selected 'Import' under the 'File' drop down menu in Adobe Premiere Pro. When he chooses the card reader, a folder shows up that's labeled, "Private". Even if he imports that, the folder contains a series of other folders - none of which allow you to view any video clips.

As you can probably tell, we're novices. Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Return to posts index

Jon DoughtieRe: Sony PXW-Z150 - How do you import footage into Adobe Premiere Pro?
by on Sep 30, 2016 at 1:26:35 pm

Here's what I would do, as it resolves most import issues. That said, I have not worked with your camera.

1. Take the camera media and make a full copy, including all folders/file structure, to your hard drive. I usually make media folders within my project folder structure.

2. In Premiere Pro, use the Premiere Pro Media Browser (NOT Windows or Mac file management) and navigate to the media folder. Premiere Pro's media browser is designed to recognize most camera storage file structures and will then drill down, with no effort from you, to show your media. Then select and drag it into your project bin(s).

Like I mentioned, I have not used your camera, so your mileage may vary. But Premiere Pro's Media Browser is the solution to the majority of import issues.

Dell Precision T7600 (x2)
Win 7 64-bit
Adobe CC 2015.02 (as of 6/2016)
256GB SSD system drive
4 internal media drives RAID 5
Typically cutting short form from HD MP4 and P2 MXF.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved