ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

Editing for 8k in HD Timeline?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ben WistEditing for 8k in HD Timeline?
by on Sep 29, 2016 at 2:49:12 pm

I have to edit a projection with a resolution of 7542 x 1080px - Premiere seems to have some bugs appearing with this unusual scale, as well as performance issues. I wonder if there's a way, I could edit the whole thing (there are a lot of picture-in-picture movies, different effects, resizing, moving of photos, etc) in a small resolution like 1920 x 275px, where I don't get performance problems and so on, but for the final output have Premiere render it out in the "full" resolution?

(Working in a 1920x275 timeline and in the end copy the timeline into 7542x1080 and "scale to frame size" it only scales the small resolution up - so sadly, not an option. Working in 1920x275 and copying all clips of the timeline to a 7542x1080 one doesn't work because I've got a lot of resizing going on with the content.)

I'm thankful for any suggestions.

Cheers, b

Return to posts index

Alex UdellRe: Editing for 8k in HD Timeline?
by on Sep 29, 2016 at 4:27:27 pm

Is it possible to work in stages...

cut for shot content and timing a resolution that will work?

get that locked...(approved)

dupe that sequence...and set it to final resolution... to work on animation and resizing....

not perfect....but limiting the performance hiccups along the way...

Alex Udell
Editing, Motion Graphics, and Visual FX
Let's Connect on Linkedin
Examples: Retail Automotive Motion Graphics Spots
Example: Customer Facing Explainer Video
Example: Infotainment & Package editorial

Return to posts index

Ben WistRe: Editing for 8k in HD Timeline?
by on Oct 3, 2016 at 8:50:01 pm

Hi Alex,

thank you for your thoughts. Unfortunately I most likely will have to face changes in the project till the very end. As the sequence is going to be quiet long - more than 1h - and the changes could concern any part/layer working in stages isn't an option... 🙁

Cheers, b

Return to posts index

Peter GarawayRe: Editing for 8k in HD Timeline?
by on Oct 4, 2016 at 5:56:40 pm

Hi Ben,

Can you share with us type of issues you're seeing and the steps to repro? I'd like to see if we can reproduce the issue in house. Can you also share your system specs?

Peter Garaway
Premiere Pro

Return to posts index

Kevin JohnsonRe: Editing for 8k in HD Timeline?
by on Oct 5, 2016 at 3:03:58 pm

I do a lot of these 7:1 widescreen videos for projection as well. We use Avid 8.5 which allows for custom frame sizes and playback on ISIS is pretty good with DNXHR footage. I tried to replicate this project in Premiere and gave up after 15 minutes due to a lot of performance issues, crashing, and graphic card wackiness.

I'm looking in to using FCPX because Avid has a lot of quirks when it comes to viewing thumbnails, frameflex, etc when in this project size.

I feel your pain...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved