ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

Best way to include caption text in a video

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
mikkell khanBest way to include caption text in a video
by on Sep 29, 2016 at 4:39:14 am
Last Edited By mikkell khan on Sep 29, 2016 at 4:39:29 am

Good Day guys,

I've noticed a lot of facebook videos (such as BuzzFeed and others) have been including caption text in their videos, focusing on the most prominent things people say as the video plays. I believe they are doing this because the majority of users who let videos autoplay do not put on the sound and determine the information from the video based on the visuals and nothing else (that and they don't want their boss or people in the library to know what they are doing on their phones at the time).

Is there an quick and easy way to implement this into existing videos, maybe software that they use that makes it as simple as typing and getting effects on the video, or do I have to painstakingly do it right some NLE software (like premiere pro or after effects) and scale, position, style, crossfade one by one?

Any assistance in this regards would be most appreciated. Also, any best practices by those who are doing it already would be welcomed as well.

Mikkell Khan
Diamond Films Ltd. (Trinidad and Tobago)

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeThis is really about making subtitles
by on Sep 29, 2016 at 3:06:15 pm
Last Edited By Dave LaRonde on Sep 29, 2016 at 8:45:42 pm

I've never had do it but many people add subtitles to foreign-language video using PP. Your needs and theirs sound almost identical. I'm sure you'll soon get some valuable advice on subtitling.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved